cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capitalization to Assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What does "capitalization to Assets" in accounting terminology?

What does "Reconciliation" in the accounting terminology?

Thank you,

Nivi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Capitalization to Assets:</b>

In accounting there is a matching concept, i.e your cost must match/ contribute to revenues.

The expenses resulted in revenues in the same year are revenue expenses e.g. Wages, Purchase expenses etc., The expenses that are not resulted into immediate revenues are called capital expenses. eg. Expenses on purchase of machinery, buildings etc,.

These capitalized expenses sit in balance sheet. Revenue expenses goes to P&L account.

<b>Reconciliation:</b> Means comparing the balaces with other and arriving at the differences. Eg. Bank Reconciliation, Finance and Costing proft reconciliation.

Other concept in SAP is to have the mother account for all sub ledger accouts like Sundry Creditors and Sundry Debitors. This concept automatically reconciles the Subledger balances to the main ledger.

This can be used in variety of ways depending on the need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In your explanation for reconcilation

"Other concept in SAP is to have the mother account for all sub ledger accouts like Sundry Creditors and Sundry Debitors. This concept automatically <u>reconciles</u> the Subledger balances to the main ledger".

Here can you please explain what reconciles means?

Thank you,

Nivi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means the amounts posted in the Subledger are also posted to the main ledger ledger. Hence no difference in the subledger and main ledger leads to auto recociliation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Capitalisation is common with Assets under Construction (AuC).

When the Assets are capitalised, they are transferred from the status of Construction to completion (Capitalisation) through TCode ABUMN, whereby either partial transfer to a new / existing asset or complete transfer to a new / existing asset.

In partial transfer, the amount / balance of the asset is mentioned, for e.g. USD 10,000 of the asset is capitalised from AuC of USD 500,000.

Buddy, sorry but reconciliation I'm not clear of myself.

Thanks.