cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic safety stock in PP/DS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My question is about how PP/DS uses dynamic safety stock. I use safety stock keyfigure in SNP to calculate dynamic safety stock and make it available for PP/DS. When I run planning heuristic in PP/DS, does heuristic go and execute the macro?

Let me give an example case.

A is header, B is component of A. When I make a full planning run in PP/DS, first A is planned, then using dependent demands from A, B is planned. While planning B, safety stock also must be calculated. Is this process an inteactive process between SNP and PP/DS? I mean, PP/DS creates planned orders for A, then dependent demand generated for B. When it comes to plan B, heuristic calls SNP and macros calculate SS and SS is used in PP/DS heuristic as requirement? Is the process like that? or Do i have to run SNP either online or bacgrounf first, calculate SS there, and then run PP/DS heuristic?

Thanks,

E

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ergul

You need to run the speacial program for extended safety stock planning /SAPAPO/MSDP_SB if you are using dynamic safety stock planning. This is calculated in the 9ASNP05 planning area in a different KF (9ASAFETY) as opposed to the temp KF safety stock calculated with the macro in 9ASNP02

As long as the order type for safety stock is calculated with this program you can use it in both SNP and PPDS

also check this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somnath, Harish;

Thanks for your help. I read all these notes and threads. But I could not find the answer to my question.

First of all, I am using SS method MB. not an extended safety stock method.

I want to implement the same SS calculation as in R/3 coverage profile. In coverage profile, average daily requirement is calculated using X weeks of demand, and Y days of SS is calculated. I want to do the same calculation in APO.

We are using PP/DS for short term planning. Here my question is in which way SS is calculated while running planing heuristic in PP/DS. I listed 2 possible ways, can you please tell which way PP/DS work?

1) PP/DS will run for the example BOM structure I gave before. So, in this example, I need to run planning for header material first in order to find dependent demand for component. Then I need to make planning for component. If I calculate SS in SNP before starting to run PP/DS for header material, SS for component is calculated in SNP using the demand calculated before PP/DS planning run. Is this how dynamic SS works?

2) or when I run planning for component, does PP heuristic call SNP macro and calculates SS with the most updated demand situation?

Thanks,

Ergul

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ergul,

See SAP Note 517898 which explains the Standard Methods of Safety Stock Planning in PP.

For using Dynamic Safety Stock Methods in PP you need to maintain relevant data in SNP keyfigures (see SAP Note 504253) and add config.

Hope this helps.

Somnath