Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have all the required data in my report output(ALV GRID). But when the user selects a particular field I have to call Transaction ME32L, which is fine and working properly. But when the user makes changes in this TCODE it has to reflect immediately after he saves and comes back to report output.

Currently my program has to be executed again from the selection screen to reflect this changes (saved in ME32L)in the Report ouput. Please help and I will definitely reward points .

Thanks and regards,

Shaan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing which you can do is to keep a flag to check if the user has tried to make a change.If a save of the change has been done,then you can use the table NAST to get the record as NAST stores the records of changes made in a transaction.

So once the user makes any changes,you have to read the table NAST and get the latest data and again display it.

Hope it was useful.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One thing which you can do is to keep a flag to check if the user has tried to make a change.If a save of the change has been done,then you can use the table NAST to get the record as NAST stores the records of changes made in a transaction.

So once the user makes any changes,you have to read the table NAST and get the latest data and again display it.

Hope it was useful.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

0 Kudos

Thanks Sandeep/ Jadhav,

Thanks for your replies.

Sandeep, Actually I have 37 fields in my output, and there is a field for Item Text which is being read using the Function module READ_TEXT ans id stored in STXH table. So this field when the user changes has to be reflected. So I dont know whether I will have to read from table NAST(or other tables) or SUBMIT the same program after the user make changes to data

Jadhav, I have not used this Function module before, so I will test and let yu know(incase if you have used this please elaborate a little bit if it works for this situation).

Thanks and regards,

Shaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using this FM

RM_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY_REFRESH