cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSA - Higher manager in planning period

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can use the higher manager role in the part appraisal status but I can not use it in the planning period. Is there any way to use higher manager in the planning period?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What problem are you facing exactly in assigning the role to the criterias?

Can you be more specific in your queries so that we can help you.

Regards,

Subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use the higher manager in the planning period. I defined substatus for planning period:

Manager assessment

Higher manager approval

Employee approval

I want after the manager determines the objectives the higher manager sees the objectives and if necessary makes corrections. After manager assessment substatus with a button the status becomes higher manager approval. But in this substatus again the form is in the manager's worklist.

The roles defined in the form is not activated here. I can use them only in the part appraisal. But i should use these roles at all steps.

Is there any way to make this applicable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andromekha,

Are using the standard Role MB - Higher-Level Manager?

If yes, then check for the following settings.

1. In PHAP_CATALOG, goto template's status flow tab and check the Person Authorized = 12300020 (For MB).

2. Also check whether Target Substatus is "Higher manager approval".

3. Check whether the Workflow event used is "INFO_HIGHER_MANAGER_APPROVE".

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, everythink is same in the form. But the pshbutton is not seen at the form when manager makes the planning. I am going to phap_admin transaction there I can see the button and press it. After this the form status is changed but form is not going to the higher manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you activate the WF for that particular Workflow?

Check the Tcod SWDD and here give The Workflow id 12300122 and chek the triggering event. It should be activated (Green color).

Also you can simulate the Higher level manager for the same appraisal document.

Do the Following to simulate the Agent.

1. Goto PFAC and give Rule = 12300020 and goto display

2. Now Press (Shift + F8) to simulate the rule.

3.In the Pop-up screen, give the appraisal docuemnt id and press F8 button.

4. You will get the Higher level manager if you have assigned it to the appraisal document.

5. If nothing is coming here, then the Higher level manager is not assigned to Document.

6. Get the help of an ABAPer for Workflow related testing if needed.

Hope this helps you.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cotrol and activate the triggering event of th workflow 12300122.

I simulate the agent it gives the higher manager value. Seems that there is no problem with this.

I could not undustand the problem still.

I there any case that affects this stuation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check on the standard task 12300110.

Here goto the agent assignment and click on the attributes button.

and then select the radio button General task.

And then press the button Shift + F1 to generate.

Try doing this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Subbu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I make all the workflows a general task. This time the workflows are working when we are testing.

But when I try to trigger the workflow from the appraisal document the buttons can not e displayed. When I change the status from phap_admin it is working again.

I think now the problem is about the process flow tab.

In the processing tab I am defining a button. in this phase the form is on the manager. Manager will press this button that is why I am making the authorized person here appraiser. In the workfow event field I am choosing info_higher_manager_approve. Because I want the form will be approved by higher manager after manager decision.

Am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andromekha,

Have you configured youe appraisal catalog with Higher level manager as Further Participants. If yes, then you can carry out as per your current config.

Since the approver(manager) will complete the appraisal document and approval will be done by higher level manager(manager's manager).

Also are you using the BSP application "HAP_DOCUMENT" to for OSA? if not try this BSP and check for the button status. You can also debug the BSP if the button is not enabled for a user.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Subbu.