cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No delta working for Generic Datasource with Time stamp ERZET Entry time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends I created the Generic DataSource in ECC based on ERZET Entry time as field for delta Time Stamp, based on Table ZFI_DFL

Now I did the Init in BI it pulled records came 487. Now I went to Table ZFI_DFL and made entries with values for ERZET.Entry time

But I do not see any records in RSA7 why it is not pulling in delta queue.

when I do delta no records come, since no records pulled. What do I do to fix it

Please help

Thanks

Soniya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi soniya,

refer to this posts;

hope it helps,

regards,

Parth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post does not tell the solution why delta not working since I did every thing what is required

cedric_buenerd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sonyia,

Have you tried since your init to retrieve your data FROM BI?

First time you tried, security intervals you set up for your delta was probably the reason why you couldn't get it.

(data selection for your extraction today is only until yesterday to prevent loading twice the same data).

Now, I'm not sure about the point that your delta queue should be filled when you create your new record in R/3. A pointer is used to handle your delta and I don't know exactly where but hardly on your delta queue, what would be the point in doing so?

Delta queue is not feed when you create your data but rather when BW asks for it I guess.

Therefore, please try first to request your delta from BI with your delta Infopackage.

And keep me informed plz!

Kind Regards,

Cédric.

cedric_buenerd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello again soniya,

I've read once more your post and actually, I think the problem is that you use Entry time as delta field.

Actually, you tell the system: "give me all records that have been created (and/or modified) since the last extraction".

But the field you use is an entry time. You must use a real timestamp for your delta, this one is just ok is a one day period. Tomorrow, the same value will exist again and then, system just cannot know from when It should retrieved data...

For example, I think that in your init, if a record has been created at 235500, you will never be able to retrieved other data except the ones created after 23:55:00...

Can you create in your Ztable a field where you would concatenate date and time in a single field? Then, you could use this field as timestamp for your delta.

Otherwise, use the Entry date for your delta, security interval will then prevent you from loading twice your data.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Cédric.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends . I tried with Entry date ERDAT for my delta and made the 5 entries in ZTABLE and waited for 2 days and pull the BI DELTA IP it does not pull any records. Again I changed AEDAT BUT SAME ISSUE no delta.

Please suggest me the steps how can I combine create in Ztable a field where I concatenate date and time in a single field? Then, i CAN use this field as timestamp for delta.

Please tell me the ABAP Code if I need to put that to Combine the Date and Time Field. what should be the type of that field and length.

Please help me with this .

Thanks

Regards

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get any solution? Having entry time as delta capturing field.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. can you please tell me what is the safety interval value you have specified and in which interval i.e upper or lowwer.?

Please also try with delta mode New status for changed records.

Note: Delta function varies based on your data target i.e either DSO/Cube.

Regards

Laxman