cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Service Issues and Solutions!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Service gurus:

In am new to CRM Service would like a heads up on what are some of the most practical/technical challenges one faces or likely to face in CRM Service customization and implementation? Suggestions and solutions would be extremely helpful as well.

My email address is tm.sap.emails@gmail.com.

Regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rekhadadwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom

If you want to know the customization related settings, the main issues that can crop up are

1. Integration with ECC in terms of SD, FI-CO, MM, QM, HR

2. Resource Management with or without integration

3. Knowledge Management

4. The biggest challenge would be to convince the Business Owners about the benefits of having CRM Service over ECC since most of the requirments can be met using ECC also.

Hope this would help you

Regards

Rekha Dadwal

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha:

Thanks! From a strategic p.o.v these issues are very significant. To give a better idea of the situation, I need to make sure sure that my team members avoid the common pitfalls which one normally comes across.

For example,

• what integration issues are possibly there?

• What are the problems with Resource management in an integrated or not integrated environment?

Regards

Tom

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Is this a Mobile Service or IC?

You may face issues if you are replicating Orders from CRM to ECC with different statuses, There may be issues if you are mapping Organizational model to any Plants in R/3,Material download from R/3 to CRM service(maintaining Sales Areas for the products in the R/3, issues with material groups,Product categories,hierarchies) What is your requirement for Customer Factsheets?

Does your scenario requires CRM billing or R/3 Billing?

Are you creating Materials in CRM side or R/3 side?

Are there any sales item in your Service Order?

Idealiy I would recommend you create the service product in CRM and do the Billing in CRM itself.

regards,

Muralidhar Prasad.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muralidhar:

This is a IC scenario and the customer fact sheet is still evolving but yes, :

• Billing will be CRM and not R3

• Material is being created in R3 and will be trasnferred to CRM....Is this possible and what issues can one expect?

What kind of issues can we expect and what would you recommend we do in the following case:

• if you are mapping Organizational model to any Plants in R/3,Material download from R/3 to CRM service(maintaining Sales Areas for the products in the R/3, issues with material groups,Product categories,hierarchies)

A couple of common problems with solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Tom