cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine can work Standalone mode without IE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I found in one of the points which says

"Temporary Standalone operation of AE is possible even in absence of IE."

HOw is this possible?

Because the main objective of AE is to transform SOAP message to other format,

hence provide connectivity between IE and other application system!!!!!!

And hence if IE is not existing how dos communication happen???

Regards

Guru

PS:Points rewarded for answers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

as it has been written here: IE and AE are two separate components and they can run independently. That's right. But the exchange system is made by them both TOGETHER.

Well, if the IE is not accessible, AE can of course work, but the messages will not be delivered to the terget! AE has no idea wher should be this messages sent or what mapping should be done..

Example:

You have File->XI->File scenario:

AE picks up the file and tries to send the message to IE to be processed. IE is unaccessible, so AE tries it more times (depending on settings in VA) and if this is not successful, message remain in status failed.

So AE works and IE doesn't.

But when IE is accessible, AE processes the source file, send XI SOAP message to IE, here will be done mapping & routing, then it is sent again to AE to be processed in the target.

Hope, it's clear..

Peter

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika, Peter,

Thanks for the clarification!!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a thought ..not related to your question. ..but got a question to ask you...

Do you think people wont reply to your question if you dont write ps : points rewarded for answers ?????????

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latika,

does this means the AE directly communicates with the sender/reciever systems?

And what in case there is a requirement for mapping? Wolud this still work with out IE/IS

Cheers!

Guru.

Pts rewarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it simply means that even if the communication to IE is lost, AE can still send/receive messages to/from application systems.

no mapping can be performed. for that AE has to connect to IE (using http/https). but as in this case IE connection is lost, mapping cannot be performed. but this does not stop AE to cmmunicate with other application systems.

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

your are right since they are based on different Stacks(java and ABAP),.. AE can work in standalone mode..

Consider this case: I feel when a sender system sends message to IE, it then further send to AE for conversion to be send to a concerned receiver system. So this cycle has to happen sucessfully , IE would be required..!!!

Please clarify on this?

Regards

Guru

Hi Prateek,

This data has been provided in one of the course materials on XI.

Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

its write. AE can wrk successfully even if temporarily connection to IE is lost.

this is because AE is a separate application and has its own queueing and messaging service. it queues messages locally

so the statement means, guaranteed one time execution is supported, even if the connection to IE/IS is temporarily lost, "to and from the connected application system"

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WHY NOT!

AE is a separate component base on j2ee engine.

IE is a separate component base on abap engine.

both communicate via http protocol.

why not?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can u please explain the context in which this statement was written and where it was written?

<i>Because the main objective of AE is to transform SOAP message to other format,

hence provide connectivity between IE and other application system!!!!!!</i>

Yes. U r correct abt the primary objective.

Regards,

Prateek

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know, where you have found this, but I can assure you that the adapter engine needs an XI or PI system for configuration.

You can install a PCK which is an adapter engine which an additional configuration tool. You can set this PCK to stand alone mode for testing. So this will work without Integration Engine.

Regards

Stefan