cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have serial numbers on our materials.

1- Which machines (we don't know the material code / number or name....) with which serials are sold to a specific customer?

2- What should I do to use the serial numbers again if I use VL09 transaction code to reverse goods movement? "EDEL ESTO" is

written for the serial numbers of the machines which have been in "VL09 - Reverse goods movement". I want to be able to use

these serial numbers again.

In addition, we use IQ01 transaction code to create material serial number. Which machine with which serial number is

delivered / sold is specified on VL01N screen under Extras - Serial Numbers - Maintain Serial Numbers.

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hikmet

Serial Number Profile has Procedures , those procedures may be examples

a)Maintain goods receipt and issue doc.

b)Serial numbers in PP order

c)PP order release

d)Serial nos in repetitive manufacturing

e)Maintain inspection lot

f)Serial numbers in SD order

g)Completness check for delivery

h)Completion check IR delivery

i)Maintain delivery

j)Maintain returns delivery

So we can maitain multiple procedures under one serial number profile.

2) Those procedures might w.r.t our application

3) In addition to that that procedures having another settings like Sr number Usage and Equipment number requirment like to create or not create.

4) Serial number profile has some settings like Equipment category, stock chek etc

5) The T.Code for Serial Number Profile is OIS2

6) A Material will be activated for Serial Number Applications, and start asking to provide serial numbers eg. at the time Goods Movements, Production order etc

7) The setting required is In Work Scheduling view, we can assign the profile

😎 Serial Number creation can be done at two places a) By IQ01 or IQ04 Tranacations and during Good Movement

9) Normally system can generate only Numercal serial numbers by Internal Sr Number creation, Alpha Num is Manual

10) If alpha numerical means we have to enter or have to make z program with our logic by calling the IQ01 tranasaction and entering our alpha numerical numbers

11) A serial number can be changed or a material which was assigned to serial number can be changed by using the transaction IQ02 with serial number special functions

i hope this will help.

http://www.sap-press.com/product.cfm?product=H1912

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/disk/pdf/smsm200.pdf

Reward if useful to u

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers but I'm still looking for the answers of my questions. Especially the second question: "What should I do to use the serial numbers again if I use VL09 transaction code to reverse goods movement? "EDEL ESTO" is"

Thanks in advance...

PS: I knowthat I can look at the serial numbers of the materials from IQ03 but Iwant to be able to make a search based on the customer code on our system. I mean; if I just know the customer, howcan Iearn the serial numbers of the machines that the customer has bought?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hikmet,

As you must be knowing that Serial Numbers are assign to Material for unique identification /trackking purposes. It is the business users call to decide which material to be allocated the serial number..we just have to assign the specific Serial number procedure to that material (it will be asking the serial number in a specific process say sales order or delivery...or say returns delivery as per the procedure defination).

As already explained above, if business want there own numbers in serial number profile..then external number range will be used..where you can even limit the length of serial number, where IQ01 will be called in the background.

Number Range of the Serial Number is defined on Equipment Master in Plant Maintainence--> Technical Settings --> Serial Number Profile.

Reward points if it helps,

Regards,

N