cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COGM/COGS in COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to capture the COGS/COGM in the plant. I tried by linking the cost elements in the PA transfer structure and through direct posting from FI/MM. The values are not getting updated in the COPA. When I run the settlement run only the variance amount has been transferred to the PA structure. How to go forward.

Also I want to capture the COGS/COGM in the Branches also.

Regards

Vasantha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you make a sale, in costing based PA, the standard cost estimate moves to PA, when properly setup. The standard cost multiplied by the the quantity sold moves to COPA.

In SPRO look under Valuation, set up the cost estimate to move to COPA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I have assigned the Condition type VPRS to the COPA value field still the value is not flowed to COPA. through which table i can see the values posted to VPRS condition type. Should i have to create a derivation rule or table lookup for the flow of values.

Regards

Vasantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check your sales order and ensure that your VPRS condition is used in the pricing procedure.

Go to VA03 and check the conditons tab. If you find the VPRS condition there, then it must be transferred to COPA value field.

Regards

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question answered and closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasantha

As told to you in the earlier query also. The COGM is transferred to COPA from the Invoice Document (SD Module) when sales is passed on to Accounting.

The COGM would be the standard price / moving average price of the material you are selling.

The config is Controlling->Profitability Analysis->Flow of Actual Values->Transfer of Billing Documents.

In the above config, assign VPRS Condition Type to the Value field COGM/COGS.

Regards,

Suraj