cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading data from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i'm new for demand planning. i'm trying to load the monthly data from R/3 to APO DP infocube, we have created a connection between R/3 and APO and we have mapped the transformation from datasource(2LIS_13_VDITM) to the infocube. i'm able to pull the data from R/3 without any issue.

The problem here is, when i contacted the BW person, he is saying that they are using the same datsource for reporting purpose and they will be taking delta upload from the same datasource everyday. As per him, after taking the delta load everyday, previous day/week data wont be available in the datasource and we need to fill the setup tables in R/3 before pulling the data from R/3 after end of the month.

Do we need to fill the setup tables for the datasource after everymonth or is there any other way to pull the data from R/3.

Thankyou.

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although I am not an expert in BW area, my understanding is that any datasource related update to an Infocube through a Scheduler/Infopackage has an option to do destructive or incremental updates to the infocube under the "Data Targets" tab. (There should be a column called "Delete Entire Content of data target" checkbox). This way previous load data will be available and probably you may not require to fill the setup tables everytime. You may pose this question in BW forum as well to get an opinion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

another novice BW answer...

ideally you should get the aforementioned BW guy to create your cube too

Your APO cube depends on the way you have structured your requests. If you are doing a delta load that matchs with the R3 structure you dont have much to worry. There is a icon in the creation stage where you can decide how your requests will be treated (overwritten if requests ar same etc)