cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOB of FICO Consultant..sure 10 points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me in detail the role on client side.

I also wanna know his role in mplementation, Upgrade, Support and Enhancements

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all depends on the client requirment and the stage of project you go in.

In implementation FICO role will be requirment gathering, participating in implementation, of the system, participate in testing and helping in go live.

Upgrade : Depends if you are using the same functionality or using the new functionality. If using the same old functionality check if all existing transaction and existing process are working as same in the new system. If using new functionality,it will more of implementation type.

Enhancement: Get the requirements for the new enhancements, work with technical or functional personnel, test the enhancement and implement it.

assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, but can u give me any live example.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member795356
Participant
0 Kudos

Study the existing System and analyse the problem and understand the problem. Collect the Functional Specifications and then prepare Blue prints. Any domain any module After blue print is sign-off from the Client (End User) you start configuring the system in Development Server, Test it, and transport it to quality and finally to production for GO Live. In Support you Need to solve the issues raised by Customer.

former_member197269
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

This link is for ABAP not for my question. Thanks 4 trying.

Friends, can I get some more insights on this

former_member193516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tip: reading the repsonses won't make you a consultant...

Every customer will pick this up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur comment though.

I certainly know the job but I have just put the question differently.

I am interested in knowing his involvement in the life cycle on a live project.

I have also put this question on the forum if you try u might get.

I believe it is a forum and any question can have different perpectives.

Secondly, this forum is also one of the ways a consultant can get the answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

FICO Consultant

<b>In Implementation:</b> Collect the Functinal Specifications from the client study them and prepare Blue prints (Design) process re engineering. It can be in any submodule AP,AR,AA,GL,CO,COPA,PCA. After blue print is approved you start configuring the system in DEV, Test in Dev(<b>Realization</b>), Move to quality and finally to production(<b>Go Live</b>). Post go live support for stabilization.

<b>Upgrade:</b> Note the version to be upgraded. Check the new functionality and prepare Delta Documentation. Analyse the system for changes to be made in new version. Suggest new process flow, if required in new version. Configure,if required, then reqlization, then Go Live.

<b>Support:</b> Need to solve the issues raised by client on Day-to-Day activities. Configuration is minimal.

<b>Enhancement:</b> Any new changes to the existing system like adopting New GL or going for Asset Accounting. May have configuration aspects. Will have Regression Testing before go live to test the impact of enhancement on other modules.

<b>Role on Client Side:</b> Will be responsible for Functional Specifications and all data required for data migration.