Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Opening Posting Periods

Hi Gurus,

Please guide me regarding the opening of the posting period.

Actually i closed the wrong period in MMPV, i.e instead of closing the 09/2007 period i closed 10/2007.Which opens the 11/2007 period .

Is there any way i can open the current period which is 10/2007.

Please guide me its very urgent.

Points will be rewarded.

Thanks in advance.

This thread i found , following reply is given by Steve Brichall , Pls go thru this

" The system is simply indicating that your current period is an old one and you have to step through from this old period to the current period if it is more than one period old.

For example if you are currrently in period 07 2007 and the system is set to period 04 2007 then you have to use MMPV to get it to period 05, then use it agin to get it to period 06 then use it to get to period 07.

If the message is indicating that the period in the system is VERY old and if this system is just a development system or a play (sand pit) client. Then use MMPI to initialise the period to the current one. (you will need to add a parameter to your user id to do this, the parameter id is "MMPI_READ_NOTE" and you give it a value of 20070716 (current date).

You maintain this in your user settings (System > User Profile > Own data click on the parameters tab, add the parameter MMPI_READ_NOTE with the current date as above.

Then you can run MMPI with the current date and open the current period.

But NEVER use MMPI in a live and running system."

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question