Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business resources dedicated to OCM

claudia_mandelli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I would like to share a lesson I have learned recently. Do you think it is important to have or more resources from the business complementing and adding to the OCM team in a project?

We have recently acquired a person dedicated 100% to the OCM team, from the business. The advantages have been tremendous. First, they understand the business needs and know key players and stakeholders. They also have credibility with management and directors, when conveying a message or a risk.

Your thoughts and experience?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plan, lead and manage OCM effort for a project. This role requires

someone to come to the table with "know-how"-applied knowledge/working

knowledge of OCM framework, activities, deliverables, approaches, tools and

techniques. Must be able to craft OCM solutions independently, formulate and

articulate points of view on OCM approaches, tools and techniques.

[pallet stacker|http://www.handlingequipmentonline.com/]

[pump trucks|http://www.handlingequipmentonline.com/]

[hand pallet trucks|http://www.handlingequipmentonline.com/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need a Linux based server, a dedicated server or a VPS. ... Business licenses come with one installation done by

[Pump trucks|http://www.handlingequipmentonline.com/]

[Pump Truck|http://www.handlingequipmentonline.com/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked with many Change consultants in North America and few are good. You need unique skills to be a good Change Agent and it can sometimes be very political. Talk to the folks a Quest Learnings (www.questlearnings.com) and they can guide you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

On large multi-location projects it is helpful to have not only a full time OCM Business Representative on the Core OCM Team, but also OCM Leads at all key locations as part of the Core OCM Team. This is particularly important when the different locations have very different "cultures" and in some cases languages.

Regards

Caryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to share a lesson I have learned recently. Do you think it is important to have or more resources from the business complementing and adding to the OCM team in a project?

We have recently acquired a person dedicated 100% to the OCM team, from the business. The advantages have been tremendous. First, they understand the business needs and know key players and stakeholders. They also have credibility with management and directors, when conveying a message or a risk.

Your thoughts and experience?

Dear Claudia,

It is extremely important to have resources from the business as a part of the OCM team. Apart from knowing the key stakeholders they also know the people who actually make things happen, which are not evident from Org. structures.

It is however also important to recruit the right candidate from the business into OCM, as they can get very short sighted and narrow at times; as they are a part of the culture that we are looking to change.

In my experience i have come across such issues wherein the resource from the business insisted on maintaining the same protocol, communication and thought process which may be contarary to what we want to change.

Regards,

Roshik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on my experience i can say that having a member from the business or user department , can definetly add a lot of advantages. A few of them that can be

1. Communication- Often when we communicate with the stakeholder/business we sometime tend to be a little technical or use SAP terms. The team member from business can help in remoudling the communication, using business terms and case , such that it easy easy for the user to understand and is presented in a way that they are used to.

2. Grapevine- The OCM member from business can give you a good access to the grapevine, and can help you identify as well as connect to the "influencers" in the organisation. Most often the OCM team may not have any line authority, but if it can identify the "influencers" in the business community, things can become simple if the "influencers" buy in is gained in early stages.

3. Execution- The business resource most often is extremely handy to get things rolling

4. Business Knowlegde- The business resource get in business knowledge and specially the information on 'pain' and 'gain' area. These areas you can very well use to get the buy in.

But one needs to be careful, while inducting the business resource. As sometimes the business may handover a member who either is "most affordable to be relieved from operations/business" or who is not required there. In that case, you may only make things difficult for you. There can be other disadvantages, but all of these can be taken care of by setting up the selection criteria.

All in all , in my experience, the right resource from business should be must, as it has brings in great synergies.