Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SWL1.

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was successful in creating dynamic coloumns, but today I tried to create one dynamic coloumn with a value in the business object attribute. The thing is, when I test the object the value of the attribute is populated. But there is no value in the SAP workplace for that coloumn. Please help me out.

Regards,

Sukumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please resond to this message...

Thanks....

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell you have received many responses already...

Are you sure there is nothing wrong in your attribute code? I assume it is a customer-specific virtual attribute you are trying to display. Remember that you must set the container element each time, even if you don't need to find the value each time.

What you should do, to help people help you, is explain the problem better, and in more detail. This is true in particular in this case, where the first attempts have not solved your problem. So tell us:

1) the definition of the column

2) the definition of the attribute the column is referring

3) what problems you have eliminated through your own testing (including while testing the object in SWO1)

4) anything else that is not standard SAP and could be relevant for this case

Tips (to insure prompt service) is a form of "payment" - in this case payment in the form of information.

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with the attribute code. It is customer specific.

1) The definition of the coloumn is the the work order#

2) ZAWORDERNO is the name of the atrribute

3) I tested this attribute in SWO1 and it perfectly fetches the values.

4) There are other dynamic coloums which are perfectly working...

Thus i feel some notes have to be applied to remove the inconsistency. To rephrase the exact problem. The first time the workflow runs the value gets populated in the dynamic coloumn. If the user backs out of his inbox and comes back in, the workitem entry is very much there, whereas the value in the dynamic coloumn disappears...

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your test in SWO1 is perhaps not 100% relevant for the problem you have. After all, you say the dynamic column works OK the first time and as I understand it the other columns work fine every time.

I am not sure if it will work, but have you tried setting a break-point in the virtual attribute code to see what happens when the user enters SAP Business Workplace?

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope. Let me try that and get back to you.

Thanks & Regards....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check in ur bwp and select the change layout button and add ur own dynamic column in it. then check with ur workitem.

regards

sathiya

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I made some changes to the business object and the value seems to getting populated in the dynamic coloumn, but not for long..The value actually to disappear from the agents inbox. At first, it would appear, but later it disappears, if the inbox were to be accessed again. This is wierd...

Cheers.....

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

What kind of attribute is it? If it is a virtual attribute then this could be the problem. The containers aren't refreshed that often anymore in the inbox due to performance issues (especially with dynamic columns).

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean that the value disappears?

1) Does the whole dynamic column disappear from inbox? Then you definately have an issue with the layout of your inbox. You need to add the dynamic column to your inbox layout and save it. And probably it is a good idea to save it as default, so it does not for example disappear next time you access inbox.

2) If the column is there, but it is not populated with any value, then there is some other problem...

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

2) If the column is there, but it is not populated with any value, then there is some other problem...

the first time the value comes in the coloumn. The next time the value disappears....

Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

At the point when the task is executed in the Workflow is the Business Object Attribute populated ? Also if you have added the Attribute newly then the Column will not be populated for the previously started workflows.

Regards

Bhooma

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried generating the workitem by manually giving the instance in the sandbox client. In the workflow log, I see that the attribute is populated with a value, but the same is not getting populated in the dynamic coloumn.

Thanks.

null

former_member184112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remember:

Maximum 6 dynamic columns for one task

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/bc/2e5cb396fc11d194c60000e82dec10/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Prabhakar Dharmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you binded the object to the task. I think that attributes of the object must be available at the task level.

If this doesn't work, can you just create a container element (same data type as your attribute) to the task, and then bind this one attribute from the workflow container to this new task container element.