cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Start and End Dates in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a situation where a service item is bundled with a deliverable item. The order is as follows

Line Item Mat Qty Higher Level Item

10 Item No.1 (Physical Item) 1

20 Item No.2 (Service Item) 1 10

For the deliverable item 10 , Revenue is recognized immediately. For the Service item no.20 , revenue needs to be recognized over a period of 1 Year (It is a 1 year service contract).

The whole order is created via BAPI from an external 3rd party order capture system.

In order to do revenue recognition properly for service items , SAP I believe has 2 options

1. Based on Billing plan dates

2. Based on contract start dates

Since order with both the line items need to produce 1 invoice, I cannot use billing plan . The only other option is to use contract start and end dates. I have enabled contract data at the sales order level. So when I enter the contract start and end dates manually at the line item level and set the item category to recognize revenue based on contract start and end dates based on time-based revenue recognition it is working fine.

But I need a way to automate the population of contract start and end dates at the line item level. My ABAP guy is not able to find a user exit that can change the XVEDA or any VEDA structure in any of the user exits.

I guess the SAP SD gurus out there would have definitely dealt with a situation of product bundling (Service and non-service items in the same sales order with one billing document , but seperate revenue recognition for service and non-service items)

Please help.

Thnx

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Kindly let me know what criteria you want to give for automatic population of start date of contract...

Standard SAP comes with a few baseline dates for contract start date and we can control this from customization itself.

01 Today's date

02 Contract start date

04 Acceptance date

05 Installation date

06 Date contract signed

07 Billing date/Invoice date

08 CntrctStDate+contract duration

09 Contract end date

If you have some criteria which is not covered here, then let me know and i will try to provide some help then.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma