cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Flat File-->XI-->IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein we have to read the IDOC flat file and post it as IDOC to SAP using XI. I understand we have to use the Flat File Sender adapter and the IDOC Receiver Adapter. On the Sender Side we have to define the Content Conversion to convert the IDOC Flat File to IDOC XML. Writing File Content Conversion for the IDOC Flat File would be very tedious because of the number of fields and fixed structure of the flat file.

I have don through the following guide Section 3.2 where it talks abt converting IDOC to IDOC XML using reportRSEINB00.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guide...

I am not clear how to invoke this report in the Flat File Sender adapter. Also is there any other approach.

Thanks

Rajeev Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for your quick response. I have gone through the blogs but in all the blogs the source file is character delimiter(comma) whereas in our case the source file is a IDOC Flat file (fixed width).

Please advise on how to convert it to IDOC XML or post IDOC to SAP without writing a complex Flat File Content Conversion.

Thanks

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

please dont confuse with the term <i>IDOC Flat file</i> ,you also have a Flat file and all the blogs are also dealing with flat files,you just need to modify your mapping a little bit so that u can handle Fixed length file.

the code to read the file will be similar,just go through the code and develop your own mapping.

if there are any problems then u can always ask here or in some java forums

Thanx

Aamir

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

You have a flatfile at the sender side so you dnt have any feasiable option to do other than FCC....FCC is not a tediuos one...if you can provide the strucutrre we will help you out...

Check out you have a fixedlength file or piple separated one....

In the functional design how many fields re present and buil the DT,MT MI accoprdingly.....

you have to just use some conecnt conversion parameters that's it...

item.fieldSeparator

item.endSeparator

item.fieldNames

here item is your recordset name

let us know your strucutre

regards

Nisar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Please provide more details on how to convert the IDOC Flat to IDOC XML using Java Mapping.

Thanks

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look at the following blogs

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/12/12/java-mapping-to-handle-flat-files-in-sap-xi

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/07/18/java-mapping-an-alternate-way-of-reading-a-csv-file

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

also please search SDN to handle Flat file using Java mapping you will find plenty of useful blogs

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if u don't want to do FCC then u can use Java mapping and convert the file to XML

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

>><i>Run Report RSEINB00 on your XI Integration

Engine. The Report will upload the file, filter

the IDoc header data, perform the conversion

to IDoc-XML and put the data into the pipeline

of the XI Integration Server</i>

I think you can schedule report in XI.

Thanks,