Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current date - user entered days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have this scenario:

I have safety stored as attribute of material.

I have to do some calculation based on this so i created a replacement path variable and used replace with attribute value.

Now i have 2 safety stock:

1. Current ( safety stock restricted to current date )

2. Safety stock Past : restricted to (current date - User entered no of Days).

How to calculate the second one in 2004s??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Create User exit variable for current date. and restrict againest safety stock with range from current date - user enterd no of days, to current date.

create formula variable to derive date : current date - user entered no of days.

<a href="http://sapbwneelam.blogspot.com/">How to... Create & Populate User Exit variable</a>

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Thanks for quick response. here is the issue. The safey stock needs to be calucated for just that day. so it not aggregated from current date- user entered days to current date.

ex:

Current Safety Stock (10/26/2007) Safety past (10 /26/2007 - 7 days) ( user enters 7 days)

100 200

So how to restrict Safety past to the date which is current - user enetered no of days.

Thanks

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didnt get you sam... bit more details and explanation needed....!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

okie here is how it is

we have safety stock.

1. current safety stock = safety stock restricted to current date.

2. Past safety stock = safety stcok resrticted to current date - user entered no of days.

ex: if user enters 8 days, then past safety stock = safety stock restricted to current date - 8 days.

if user enters 15days, then past safety stock = safety stock restricted to current date - 15 days.

so my questions are

1. How to capture the no of days and restrict the past with current date - no of days.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

1. How to capture the no of days and restrict the past with current date - no of days.

In this case you need two User exit variables.

1. for to get current date -> single value, populate with system date.

2. To get date range : From system date - no of days, to system date --> range.

Derive based on user entered variable.

3. Create 2 restricted keyfigures and restrict one for current and one for past.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't see why u need user exit code...there's already a variable for current date. You can just create a formula variable based off of "User Entered days" and new InfoObject and the restrict your key Figure by the difference