cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Establish Change Request Management functionality in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I successfully established Service Desk in my Solution Manager and would like to establisch the Change Request Management functionality as well.

Can some one tell me the technical steps to do this (SPRO)?

Do perhaps exist some reasonable documentation?

What is the main difference between change Management and Service Desk?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to configure Change request Management in solution Manager 7.0.

Can any one provide Document.

service desk already configured.

Regards,

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaylan,

Dolores' very helpful link /people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario is about a scenario where only

one client for DEV, QA and PRD.

Good Luck,

Susanne

Edited by: Susanne Andersson on Jun 25, 2010 11:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please anybody..send something like BP for Change Management... thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After implementation of service desk.Some tickets are require transport request those issues convert as a change request management.

Regards,

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Partly said before:

Service Desk is for issues that happen within daily work (e. g. wrong record booked). It's very much a sort of ticket system where you set up first and second level support. You create a Service Desk message directly in the Productive System from where it is transported to SolMan via RFC.

Change Request (CR) Management is for issues that take longer to fix and for long-time projects. They are divided into four areas: Urgent Corrections, Regular Corrections, Change Requests and Administration/Test. The whole authorisation workflow can be reproduced. Furthermore SolMan creates Transport Requests too (the whole transporting stuff itself is also done via SolMan).

It is possible to transform Service Desk messages into CRs.

You don't necessarily need all the CR functionality. We, for example, only use

I. Urgent Corrections and

II. modified Urgent Corrections

for CRs - the whole CR Management system is a good thing for very big companies only I think.

Contact me for further information if wanted.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

change management is a way to manage your change process in your systems. Service desk helps you with a process to solve your internal issues from the end users, a typical help desk management system.

Hope this answers ur query.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you.

Do you know some helpful documentation (from SAP or SDN or SPRO) that describing how to establish Change request management?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom