how does server name change effect the sap isntalaltion?
My SAP PI server has the name nw7sr2.universe.siba.com and has a static IP also.
Now I have to rename the server as it is being moved to another palce.
The new name will be pi7sr2.siba.sfld.com and the ip address is also going to change.
Can you please advise how is this going to affect my SAP Pi7 instalaltion?
I have Solution Manager 4 also on the same box.
If it is going affect the instalaltion, please advise what measures do I have to take?
Thanks in advance,
I couldn't find a list of things TO DO , while changing hostname/ip address. However few things I would do if I were to move hosts are :
1. Profile Parameters in all 3 profiles.
2. Names of Start Profile and its contents.
3. ACL list in the database.
4. J2EE Parameters, icm/http/https parameters.
5. Any OS files (listener, Sendmail config if any etc.. )
6. SSH keys