Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECATT ZTRANSACTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys:

I tried to Record a Z-transactions using ECATT transactiona nd it didnt work and it gave me a error screen cannot be find. Could someone help me or know how to do that.

thanks

Babu

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Extended Computer Aided Test Tool (eCATT) to create and execute functional tests for software. The primary aim is the automatic testing of SAP business processes. Each test generates a detailed log that documents the test process and results.

Features

You can:

· Test transactions and reports

· Call BAPIs and function modules

· Test remote systems

· Check authorizations (user profiles)

· Test database updates

· Test the effects of changes to customizing tables

· Test the effect of changes to customizing settings

· Check system messages

Constraints

eCATT runs in a system based on SAP Web Application Server 6.20 or higher. However, you can use this system to test systems with Release 4.6C or higher.

check these link,

eCATT- An Introduction

/people/sumeet.kaul/blog/2005/07/26/ecatt-an-introduction

Creating Test Scripts

/people/sumeet.kaul/blog/2005/08/10/ecatt-creating-test-scripts

eCATT Logs

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-logs-part-vi

eCATT Scripts Creation – TCD Mode

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation-150-tcd-mode-part-ii

Creation of Test Data Container

/people/sumeet.kaul/blog/2005/08/24/ecatt-creation-of-test-data-container

eCATT Scripts Creation - SAPGUI Mode

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation--sapgui-mode-part-iii

Integrating ECATT & MERCURY QTP Part -1

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/02/integrating-ecatt-mercury-qtp-part-1

Using eCatt to Test Web Dynpro ABAP

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/03/21/using-ecatt-to-test-web-dynpro-abap

and

-command reference

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c6/3c333b40389c46e10000000a114084/content.htm

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt--an-introduction-part-i

http://prasadbabu.blogspot.com

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/developerareas/was.sdn?page=test_tool_integration_for_sap_e-catt.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/e81c3b84e65e7be10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

http://www.erpgenie.com/ecatt/index.htm

hope this helps.

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

Hey Anji:

But what settings or changes or procedure that I need to do in order to record the

Z/CUSTOM transaction in SECATT Transaction so that I would be able to recort that.

Please let me know

thanks

Babu

0 Kudos

Hi

SAP users use CATT frequently to upload master data or to make changes to master data records. SAP Consultants and Abapers tend to use it for creating test data. The transactions run without user interaction. You can check system messages and test database changes. All tests are logged. The CATT records your keystrokes while performing the actual transaction. You then identify the fields that you wish to change in that view. Then export this data to a spreadsheet to populate with the data required. This is uploaded and executed saving you keying in the data manually.

To perform CATT, it has to be enabled in your production environment (your systems administrator should be able to do this - SCC4). You will also need access to your development system to create the CATT script.

The process of uploading data with a CATT:

Activate CATT in your client

In transaction code SCC4 - click the change button

Double click on the client number

In the Restriction section, tick Allows CATT processes to be started.

Upload data using CATT

1. Create Import variant for the fields you need

Transaction SCAT

Goto Parameters

Create Import Variant

Goto Variant -> Edit

Goto Variant -> Fast entry or F9

Duplicate 01

2. To change the MRP Group for a list of Material

Assuming that I want to change the MRP Group for a list of Material.

My text files should look something like this:

[Variant ID] [Variant Text] &ZDISGR &ZMATNR

--> Parameter texts MRP group Material

--> Default Values M1 A001

• Changes to the default values displayed above not effective

#01 M1 A001

#02 '' A002

#03 M1 A003

Note : '' denotes a blank in the field. e.g. Material A002 MRP group will be replaced by a blank.

3. Configure the recorded entry fields to read from the imported text file data

In the CATT : Maintain functions test case Screen

Double click on the Object Name

Double click on the screen number with your desired fields

Park the cursor on the fields

Click Edit -> Details

Fill in the Parameters Name and Field Contents

Finish Save it.

Assign your text file data.

In the CATT : Execute test case Screen

Click External from file and choose your text file

CATT will now read from your text file and update whatever data you have specified.

u can go through this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=catt&cat=sdn_all

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

Hi Anji:

I am talking about catt script in ECC6.0: SECATT Transaction. In our client place we have several z-transactions and I am tryint to record the z-transaction but the system gives me some error. Do you know anys specific settings or config that we need to do in order to make these z-transaction work in SECATT in ECC 6.0. Please let me know.

Any help or tips from anybody would be really appreciatable.

thanks

Babu

0 Kudos

Hello Babu

If you are using a "simple" transaction where you do not need to record any controls (e.g. tree control, ALV grid control) then you can use eCATT pattern<b> TCD REC (TCD Record)</b> which corresponds to the classical batch-input recording.

However, if you need to record controls you have to choose pattern <b>SAPGUI REC (SAPGUI (Record)). </b>

Sometimes the eCATT has problems with even simple dynpros which, I believe, is some kind of minor bug in the eCATT. For example, when I recorded the simple transaction CG3Y (Download Server -> local PC) I frequently got the error that the simple and single popup dynpro could not be found when running the eCATT script.

In addition, if you run the eCATT test script to frequently within the same transaction session you will get weird error messages from the eCATT (at least on ECC 5.0). I assume this problem is due to some "disorder" in the buffering of data within the eCATT applications.

<b>Conclusions</b>: No specific help unfortunately because no specific error message has been provided yet be aware that eCATT sometimes has problems with recording dynpros. Perhaps you find an alternative way to call this dynpro within your Z-transaction (e.g. if you have a module pool application with several tabstrips change the order - if possible - in which the tabstrips are recorded).

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the exact problem?

What is the error? Can you put the message text here ?

Also, is this the first time ECATT is being used?

Did you try to record any standard transaction and were you successful?

As far as I am concerned there is no setting since ECATT is nothing but running of script ! and I have not experienced any issue in doing so.

Regards

Nishant

Message was edited by:

Nishant Rustagi

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant:

Thanks for replying. For standard transaction I dont have any issues. I am able to record it and execute it.

I tried to record a Z-Transaction after hitting the DYNPRO button it is not taking me to record transaction and it stays in the screen and it throws an error saying it is not able to find the specified screen.

Please let me know have you recorded the z-transaction.

thanks

Babu

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried doing SAPGUI as well as TCD recording in my system using SECATT transaction and it is working well.

Maybe I'll tell you how I did and you can try that.

FOR SAPGUI :

Just press the 'RECORD TEST SCRIPT' button adjacent to 'PATTERN'.

FOR TCD:

Click PATTERN

Choose TCD(RECORD)

Give your T.Code. Press Enter.

Press OK ( Right Tick)

T.Code get's executed and you perform your operations .

Just check and revert in case you still face issues. Also just check whether T.Code is working or not just in case

Regards

Nishant

0 Kudos

Hello Babu

I can think of three possible error causes:

(1) The entered dynpro number is simply wrong (trivial case, can be excluded)

(2) The dynpro number is correct (i.e. the dynpro exists within the called application), yet it is not the start dynpro assigned to the transaction

(3) The dynpro number is correct but corresponds to a subscreen and not the main dynpro

Regards

Uwe