Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update No. of Packages on Outbound Delivery with IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using IDOC for picking process of outbound delivery. Everything is working fine. But my client is asking me for update on delivery header, the field "Number of packages" located at Picking tab. But the function module that standard idoc uses for update picking (SD_IDOC_INPUT_PICKING) doesn't have either workarea or parameter available for change this field. Also, the input help refers to this field to be automatically determinated by system. So i'm a little confused on how to update this field. Anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks and regards

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I think there's no easy way... If I try to make a change on delivery while processing picking with IDOC, it's possible to get an error message "delivery number ... is being processed by ..."

So, I think I could save this "number of packages" value in a Z table, and then process this table to save in the corresponding field on delivery. I'm still open for suggestions.