cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART FORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need a valuable help in smartforms scratch programming.

I am getting confusion with the standard programs.

How to use

1) nast_protocol_update in my smartform and where exactly have to code

that.

2) And also it is giving error in processing log as " Processing routine ENTRY_GR in program ZWM0002_GR does not exist".

3) How to use return_code ,us_screen in smartforms.

4) I need to give printer name example:" LOCL",but i am not supposed to hard code that .So how can i retrive that printer name.

If i am missing in using anything in my program to develope a scratch smart form program.,please suggest me.

This is very ugent to me,i have to deliver this, So with all these issues it is stopped.

I WILL GIVE POINTS TO YOU FOR YOUR REPLY'S.

Thanx in advance,

Bhagavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

See the following piece of code below:

form entry using p_return_code type any

p_us_screen type any.

clear w_retcode.

w_xscreen = p_us_screen.

perform processing using p_us_screen.

case w_retcode.

when 0.

p_return_code = 0.

when 3.

p_return_code = 3.

when others.

p_return_code = 1.

endcase.

endform. "entry

IN the above lines of code, this line "form entry using p_return_code type any

p_us_screen type any." is actually taking the flow to the standard program rsnast00 where the actual smartform name is passed and the smartform name is called.Go to the line no. 875 in the "rsnast00" program debug it and see for urself. These lines:

"perform (tnapr-ronam) in program (tnapr-pgnam) using returncode

us_screen

if found.

".

Make it tnapr-fonam while debugging and you can see the smartform name being passed to this.

Also these lines in the code:" perform processing using p_us_screen.

", is the place (within that form -endform )from where you actually start writing your proper code .

See if this is what you are looking for then let mke know ,I will tell you how to proceed.

Regds

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The FORM entry doesnot exist error message will be coming its because you need to pass the information to the Spool, for which you need to pass print parameters to the dynamic generated function module.

For code you check for any standard driver program used to trigger smartform. where they would be passing the print parameters.. to the fucntion module.

there is no need to code NAST_protocol_update. YOu define nast structure in your program and it will have the data of what application you are triggering. then you pass the NAST structure to the dynamic generated function module.

return_code and us_screen are just the using parameters which is used for form entry. you just define them thats it.