Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_USER_CHANGE returns "Internal error: FM ADDR_PERS_COMP_MAINTAIN_COMPL"

Former Member
0 Kudos

If, using BAPI_USER_CHANGE, I attempt to add a telephone number to a user, I receive the error message: "Internal error: FM ADDR_PERS_COMP_MAINTAIN_COMPL, exception: 6" with the error number: 026. What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a long text with the message? What is the message class of message 026?

Rob

0 Kudos

The exact return of BAPI_USER_CHANGE is:

NUMBER : 026

TYPE : E

ID : 01

MESSAGE : Internal error: FM ADDR_PERS_COMP_MAINTAIN_COMPL, exception: 6

LOG_NO :

LOG_MSG_NO : 000000

MESSAGE_V1 : ADDR_PERS_COMP_MAINTAIN_COMPL

MESSAGE_V2 : 6

MESSAGE_V3 :

MESSAGE_V4 :

PARAMETER :

ROW : 0

FIELD :

SYSTEM : ERPK01100

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is standard SAP functionality. I think you have to raise an OSS message for it.

Rob

0 Kudos

How I resolved my problem:

I could not provide a telephone number to a user using the BAPI: BAPI_USER_CHANGE because to do that I had to use the SAP table:BAPIADTEL and the format of this table has changed between the versions SAP_ABA 46C and SAP_ABA 640. Usually SAP changes the format of its tables by adding new attributes at the end (of the tables) which doesn't cause errors, in this case the modification was INSIDE the table and though the size was not changed, the values were. To be precise the attribute causing the error is: R3User. In 46C it is a flag that indicates that the owner of the phone number is a Release 3 user, whereas it is in 640 an indicator that tells if the telephone is a mobile telephone. In 46C, the format of R3User is an XFELD, that is a SAP boolean with the values: <blank> for false and X for true, whereas in 640 it is a character that contains one digit with the values: 1 for normal telephone, 3 for mobile telephone. I used to set this value to X which was accepted in SAP_ABA 46C but was refused in SAP_ABA 640 by the BAPI's: BAPI_USER_CREATE1 and BAPI_USER_CHANGE. I "corrected" by replacing the value: X by the value <blank>, this "correction" is accepted by both SAP server versions.