cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity zero in credit memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears Experts,

I have the following question / problem.

I am creating a credit memo request with reference to a invoice, but in the credit memo request I need to have the quantity in zero because the credit memo is created for incorrect pricing (it is no a return) but the system brings the quantity from the invoice.

This is incorrect. I need to have zero quantity in the credit memo request independently that the invoice that I am using as reference has quantity.

I suspects that there is something in the copy control to controls this but I don’t find it.

I Hill reward if it is helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadarajah Pratheb, I agree with you.

I will continue testing this.

Thanks a lot.

I had rewarded you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nadarajah Pratheb,

I am using routine "153 Item from bill.doc." in field DataT. Is it OK?

I understand what you are saying but....there is not a standar solution for this?.

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emilio,

Using the routine 153 is fine but understand it is because of this routine the billing quantity is copied into the sales document type. If you wish take the help of an ABAP and change the routine so that the value is not copied.

Hope it had helped you. Do reward if you had felt the same.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears Experts,

I am using credit memo request with reference to an invoice and the system brings to the order the quantity when I don´t need it. I have to have quantity zero because the credit memo is created to fix an amount (not a quantity).

I believe that there is (or it should be) something in the copy control that would let me reference the invoice with quantity and create a credit memo request without quantity (quantity zero).

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emilio,

I have checked the scenario in my system and found that the billing quantity would be defaulted in the credit memo request. However if you wish you can change the value as per your requirement, even to zero. Now in the condition tab for the line item you can add the fixed value condition type and the amount.

If you do not wish to default the billing quantity to the credit memo request go to [VTAF] -> select your billing and sales document type -> select your item category and you would find a field DataT with a number representing a source code. With help of the ABAP change the program so that the quantity is not defaulted.

Regards

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

With invoice correction request, u can create both credit or debit memo.

FC

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The system by default is creating only credit memo and how to configure for getting the debit memo, if the differential value requires creation of debit memo.

Thanks in advance

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

As mentioned above.If the difference in amounts is positive, the system creates a credit memo with reference to the credit memo request. If it is negative, the system creates a debit memo.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can correct the price using Invoice Correction Request(RK)

RK sales document used in complaints processing to correct the quantity or price of one or more items in an invoice.

The invoice correction request is the same as the differential credit memo in the SAP R/2 System.

You can create an invoice correction request if the wrong prices have been calculated for the customer. The invoice correction request can be automatically blocked by the system so that it can be checked.

The system calculates the difference between the amount that was originally calculated and the corrected amount for each item.

Once it has been approved, you can remove the block. If the difference in amounts is positive, the system creates a credit memo with reference to the credit memo request. If it is negative, the system creates a debit memo.

An invoice correction request is a type of sales order, like the standard order. For more information on sales documents, see Working With Sales Documents

An invoice correction request has the following structure:

Header

This contains the data that is relevant for the whole invoice correction request, e.g. sold-to party and payer.

Item pairs

Two items are automatically created for each item from the invoice to be copied for the invoice correction request:

first item: credit item

second item: debit item

These contain the same value and quantity.

In the credit item, the system credits the customer with the full value. If you change the debit item (for example, due to new pricing or a change in quantities), this results in a difference amount.

In the standard system, the invoice correction request is characterized as a credit memo request, which means that the system creates a credit memo based on the invoice correction request.

In Customizing you can change this so that the invoice correction request is characterized as a debit memo request. In this case, the system creates a debit memo, based on the invoice correction request.

Regardless of whether the invoice correction request is a credit or debit memo, the first item is always a credit item and the second is a debit item.

You can change these settings in Customizing under Sales ® S ales Documents ® Sales document header ® Define sales document types in the Sales document categ. field.

Integration

You create invoice correction requests with reference to an invoice.

The system creates either a credit or a debit memo according to the total value of the invoice correction request.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use Invoice Correction request(RK). This will solve ur problem of correcting the price.

FC