Doubt on IDOC communication
I have a doubt on IDOC to IDOC communication:
Plz clarify it
1. what is the need of passing same IDOC from one system to other system through XI while communicating between two systems,it can be done by using ABAP also ?
2.what is the advantage of passing like this through XI compared to ABAP?
Plz clarify good answers will be rewarded .
Nisar Khan replied
The need for an XI to transfer IDOC from one system to another sytem : the answer for this comes from the basic of using XI as a middle ware.
1. When you connect IDOC directly to another system without using XI....you are going for P2P connections then this leds to problem in monitoring if the data breaks, you have to login to both systems to check......
2. we have a central monitoring tool for check this iterface..
3. You can build a message orchestration using the BPM if required for this IDOC...
4. You can have full control in the IDOC processing...i mean do you want to send ot not and so on.
Beofre XI or typical connection between 2 SAP Systems were using IDOC directly but they are P2P connectinons,,,no control, no monitoring....NO orcheatreation...etc.....