cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portal user mapped to local users and license issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to analyse a problem and there are few basic things I want to know.

1. Lets say I have user user1 on SAP-HR. Do I need another userid and license for the same employee on portal?

2. I also wanted to know how are the portal users mapped to normal users. for eg: lets say I am logged in as userA on portal, then is there table in SAP where I can find out that userA on portal is corresponding user on SAP-HR and has pernr number XYZ.

can someone throw light on this issues please?

thanks,

RS

Message was edited by:

Reena Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

1. As of my knowledge, if you have R/3 you don't need to buy additional licenses for them to use portal. You can clarify this with SAP.

2. To avoid mapping of each Portal user ID to R/3 you need to have to either create identical set of User IDs in R/3 and Portal and use SSO or you can use SSO with Windows authentication (LDAP), in which case you will need to create in R/3 set of IDs for your users identical to their Windows IDs.

SSO works as follows:

1) You have to set up trusted connection between Portal and R/3. Please refer to the following documentation: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/59/12f73b7803b009e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

2) You log in to Portal with your User ID and password.

3) When you open an iView to access R/3 your user ID along with Logon ticket go to SAP for authentication. Password is not required, because there is trusted connection between Portal and R/3, i.e. you don't have to keep in sync your users' passwords in Portal and R/3.

Reward points are welcome if helpful.