Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount in Words

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting the amount in Words for an amount using the <b>FM SPELL_AMOUNT</b>, but I also need the <b>amount in words in Chinese language</b>.

I tried passing the <b>language parameter as chinese</b>. The translation pronounce fine(my guess) but it contains English character. <b>I need chinese character amount in words.</b>

Please help.

Regards,

Vijai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you done have to worry about that once you have the Script ready, login to SAP in the Chinese Language (that has to be installed in your machine!) and you can see the Amouth properly...

Try to give the following input parameters to the SPELL_AMOUNT FM...

Currency = 'YEN'.

Language = 'ZH'.

Hope That Helps

Anirban M.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijai,

I cant able to understand the question...but as assumptions

If it you want to display as "HUNDERD YAUNS"....then hard-code YAUNS and take a variable as &wrd& YAUNS......

or else

If you want to display in Chinese language...then you must contact your basis guys...

Hope so...revert back if it still uncleared

former_member480923
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well you done have to worry about that once you have the Script ready, login to SAP in the Chinese Language (that has to be installed in your machine!) and you can see the Amouth properly...

Try to give the following input parameters to the SPELL_AMOUNT FM...

Currency = 'YEN'.

Language = 'ZH'.

Hope That Helps

Anirban M.

0 Kudos

No it does'nt work

Regards

Vijai

0 Kudos

Hi

Soved myself. You have to update the table T015Z responsible for conversion of amount to words for Chinese language. SAP has'nt provided the conversion in chinese symbols but its there in the form of english pronounced to chinese.

Regards

Vijai

Edited by: Vijai Dixit on Oct 1, 2008 8:20 AM

0 Kudos

SOLVED

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Can i request you to send me the xl file where you maintain the 160 rows in tbale T015Z. as i have the same requirement for china.

plesae fwrd to my id tgnandishatgmaildotcom.

ex:Language Unit Figure Number in words

ZH 0 0 零 ;

ZH 0 1 零 ;

-

-

-

-

-

-

ZH Y 9 零 零 零;

Regards

TG