cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Text Option in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am trying to enter the Long Text in the Material Master (MM01, MM02 & MM03 by path Edit->Long Text->Create Text

but it is in Grey Field.

How to activate this Long Text Option??

Thanx & Regards,

Kumar

Message was edited by:

Kumar Rayudu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLS CLARIFY IN WHICH VIEW R U TRYING TO ENTER THIS LONG TEXT IN MATERIAL MASTER.

REGARDS,

INDRANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Basic Data 1 or any view

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF IT IS THE MATERIAL DESCRIPTION JUST BESIDE THE MATERIAL CODE IN BASIC DATA 1 OR ANY OTHER THEN PLS FOLLOW:

<b>OMS9</b>>><b>FIELD SELECTION GROUP</b> AS <b>20</b>(MAKT-MAKTX)>><b>ENTER</b>>>GO TO <b>POSITION</b>>>SELECT <b>FIELD REFERENCE</b> AS <b>MM01</b>>><b>ENTER</b>>>IN THE <b>FIELD SELECTION</b> MAKE IT AS <b>REQUIRED ENTRY/OPTIONAL ENTRY</b> FROM <b>DISPLAY</b> MODE>><b>SAVE</b>.

PLS REWARD IF FOUND USEFUL.

REGARDS,

INDRANIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

very useful INDRANIL.thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See i want to enter the material description more than 40 Char (that will be entered in (MAKT-MAKTX). Addtional description can be given in the Basic Data Texts in additional Data, but this is not getting recorded through LSMW.

So i want the Option Long Text in Material Master (Path given in previous reply) it is in grey field.

So How to activate this???

Wat you have replied is not the solution required!!

Is this message clarifies??

Thanx

Kumar

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Basic Data Text in Additional data is not available in Table MAKT-MAKTX.It is in table STXL/STXH .The test ID is GRUN,Text object is MATERIAL and Text name is the material code with leading zeroes.

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I want know what table sabe the text of one material insert in basic data text!

On table STXL i only can see the languages for this material description in this table, but i want see the all text !:S

Can you help me?