cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can anyone pls. help me identify the appropriate item category group for the free goods in CRM only (i.e. no R/3 integ)? The current item category group of these products is set at NORM but we may need to change it to TANN because of an ABAP runtime error. I just don't know how to include it (TANN) in the list of values in the Item Cat. Group field in COMMPR01. Hope you can help me.

Thanks,

Theresa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theresa,

A new item category group can be defined in the given path below:

SAP Implementation Guide -> Customer Relationship Management -> Transactions -> Basic Settings -> Define Item Category Group

But for free goods, TANN is the item category to be used, and not the item category group.

With the Item category group Norm itself, maintain an item category determination as:

Transaction Typ : Sales Order Transaction type

Item Cat. Group : NORM

Item Cat. Usage : FREE

Main item cat. : ( Item category of the higher level item)

Item Category : TANN

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Sorry if I was able to respond to you only now. I tried your recommendation but we're still getting the same error (CX_SY_CONVERSION_NO_NUMBER). Another thing I forgot to mention is that there's already another entry in item category determination for the sales trans type (ZDBT) that I'm working on. I created and used a new item category (ZDB) which I patterned from the standard TAN item category. The reason behind this is that I needed to activate the status per item for upselling purposes. That's why I created another status profile (patterned from standard CRMORD_I status profile) as recommended to me by another guru from SDN.

Given these requirements, should I maintain two entries for the ZDBT transaction type in the item category determination - the 1st one with ZDB as the item category and the 2nd one with TANN as the item category?

Also, what should be the main item cat. for the 2nd entry since the free items are given to consumers that agree to increase the product quantity (e.g. 1 case = 1 free item). I hope I was able to explain it clearly.

Thanks again,

Theresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Theresa,

In item category determination u will have two entries:

Transaction Typ : ZDBT

Item Cat. Usage :

Main item cat. :

Item Category : ZDB

Transaction Typ : ZDBT

Item Cat. Usage : FREE

Main item cat. : ZDB

Item Category : TANN

What I understand is that you wish to do free goods determination.I.e. For 1 Case = 1 Free item

For that we have other pre-requisites like:

Free good determination settings:

1. SPRO->Customer Relationship Management->Basic Functions->Set Up Free Goods->Assign Procedure

2. SAP menu->Master DataPrices and Conditions->/SAPCND/GCM - Maintain Conditions

Condition type: 0NA0

Procedure: 0NA001

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

Thanks for the recommendations. I just have a few more clarifications if you don't mind.

For prerequisite step #1, do I just select 0NA001 as the free goods det. proc. for the existing entries of my chosen sales org-dist channel-division or do I need to create a new entry with C (free of charge) as the doc. pric. proc.?

For prerequisite step #2, what should be the values of the Application and Condition Maintenance Group fields in /SAPCND/GCM because I can't seem to find the 0NA0 condition type that you recommended?

Regards,

Theresa

Message was edited by:

Theresa Viña A. Ng

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Theresa,

Please refer notes 935164,942771.

Please reward points.

regards,