cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDK Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are running NW04 BW and XI on a shared DEV server running on Windows 2003 32 Bit.

We are currently running on \j2sdk1.4.2_10, an early watch has reccommended we update that to \j2sdk1.4.2_13.

I have looked through the OSS Note 718901 and it states to change the parameter jstartup/vm/home to point to the updated java location \j2sdk1.4.2_13, it says this parameter is set in the instance profile :

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_JC<num>_<host>

We do not have a <SID>_JC<num>_<host> profile in SYS directory? we have <SID>_DVEBMGS00_<HOST> and <SID>_SCS01_<HOST> apart from the usual start and default profiles.

We already have the parameter set for jstartup/vm/home = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10 in our ABAP instance profile <SID>_DVEBMGS00_<HOST>, so I'm guessing its just a case of amending this to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13 in RZ10 once new SDK is installed, RZ11 has no documentation on parameter jstartup/vm/home.

Does anyone know what the note is referring to with the JC profile /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_JC<num>_<host> ?

Also, I am going to update the SDK seperately for the XI and BW instances on this server due to project testing commitments, will there be any impact on the BW instance if I install to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13 and change the instance profile parameter for XI to point at it, BW will still point at C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10 which will remain until that is ready to be changed ?

Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. Dont confuse with this. Note is referring to the profile folder.

Just update JDK and change the path in the profile pointing to the correct JDK.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks rkandy, I have now updated the SDK successfilly, I also used note 743583 to update the SDM.

Answers (0)