Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

JDK Update

Hi

We are running NW04 BW and XI on a shared DEV server running on Windows 2003 32 Bit.

We are currently running on \j2sdk1.4.2_10, an early watch has reccommended we update that to \j2sdk1.4.2_13.

I have looked through the OSS Note 718901 and it states to change the parameter jstartup/vm/home to point to the updated java location \j2sdk1.4.2_13, it says this parameter is set in the instance profile :

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_JC<num>_<host>

We do not have a <SID>_JC<num>_<host> profile in SYS directory? we have <SID>_DVEBMGS00_<HOST> and <SID>_SCS01_<HOST> apart from the usual start and default profiles.

We already have the parameter set for jstartup/vm/home = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10 in our ABAP instance profile <SID>_DVEBMGS00_<HOST>, so I'm guessing its just a case of amending this to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13 in RZ10 once new SDK is installed, RZ11 has no documentation on parameter jstartup/vm/home.

Does anyone know what the note is referring to with the JC profile /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_JC<num>_<host> ?

Also, I am going to update the SDK seperately for the XI and BW instances on this server due to project testing commitments, will there be any impact on the BW instance if I install to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13 and change the instance profile parameter for XI to point at it, BW will still point at C:\j2sdk1.4.2_10 which will remain until that is ready to be changed ?

Thanks for any help.

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question