cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Adobe Interactive Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on a report that have a header with two dynamic tables (with fixed rows count) and the body have other two dynamic tables with a large amount of data.

The first doubt is:

I put my header on the Master Page, and in the first page of report, the header data appears ok, but when the second page comes, just the data contained in the root node appears in the header. Neither the data contained in a node 1..1 appeared.

The second doubt is:

In the report body, I've two dynamic tables with a large amount of data, so, when my table reach the end of the page, I need to add a page break and continue in the next page, adding the column header again. I'm trying to set the "Allow Page Breaks within Content" and "Overflow Leader", but I can't set these properties in a subform of type "Flow Content", flow direction "Table". So, how can i add Page Breaks ?

Thanks in advance

[]'s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have a weblog where I describe a similar Adobe Form that I created. Now I know this was the ABAP world instead of Java, so maybe that was the difference; but I had no problem setting the Allow Page Breaks within Content on the Flow Content Direction Table.

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/07/13/lessons-learned-from-adobe-forms-development

I had a WebAS 640 SP12 with Designer 7.0.050519.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using NWDS SP 12 and Designer 6.0... should i update my Designer before continue?

Thomas, following the instructions of your blog, I've solved the second Doubt, setting the "Main" Body Page Type = "Flow Content", and using the "Allow Page Breaks..." Property = true.

Now, I need help with the first doubt!

Thanks in advance

[]'s

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> I'm using NWDS SP 12 and Designer 6.0...

I found an OSS note that said that you should have Designer 7.0 for SP12 and higher. I don't know if this was just for ABAP though. I did download the designer update from and integrated it into my SAPGui installer. I have NWDS installed but I rarely use it. I did just upgrade my NWDS to SP13 the other day and I notice that it still seems to come with a lot of Designer 6.0 directories. When I upgraded I choose not to install the Adobe Designer portions because I didn't want to take any chance on messing up my ABAP side.

To your first question, I'm not sure I understand the problem exactly (and that may be Java vs. ABAP differences). I do have a header in my Master page and it repeats properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... I'll update my Adobe Designer now...

My report have a header and in the header I have two tables, filled by a RFC Call, so i can have 1 or 10 records in the return table.

In the first page, the header appears ok, the table data appears ok too, exactly like i want. BUT, when the page breaks, the header table of the second (or other pages) doesn't appear, like the table is empty, but it doesn't.

I just wanna know if i can put dynamic data in Master Pages, using tables for it and how to do it.

[]'s

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Perhaps your interpretation of the Master Page is different than mine. I never put anything but static content in my Master Page. For instance for the form in my weblog my Master page has a head with a logo and Footer with a page number and some static text.

In my Master Page I have single Page that I called MainPage. I then create a Content Area within this MainPage.

All of my variable elements go into a separate Page. I set that entire page object as Flow Content (flow direction Top to Bottom) with Allow Page Breaks within Content marked. I set the Place to (in Content Area "Name" where Name is the name of the Content Area in the Master Page). The After is set to Go To Page MainPage(Back to the Master Page Object).

With this my paging with tables and Master Page content all work correctly. I can do page breaks and repeat my table headers, but continue the content normally. Hopefully this helps.