Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating text variable, urgent plz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I would like to create a text variable on fiscalyear/period. the requirement is

when user enters 001.2007 it has to display jan2007

002.2007 it has to display feb2007 so on.

but when I am trying to create on fiscalyear/period it is not allowing me to create text variable. can any one suggest me please, it is an urgent requirement,

I appreciate your help very much.....

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi

we can do this with the text with replacement path and the var which u have created u to put display as text thats it...

take a selection in the rows and create a variable in the text heading and give replacement fron the user entry default variable which the user enters.

Assign points if it helps

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi khaja,

Could you elaborate on how should I proceed plz. I couldnt able to create text variable on fiscal year period, as it is a char value.

Thankyou for your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You need to create text variables with processing type "Replacement Path" to disply texts in Query.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/e0c73cccbdd45be10000000a114084/content.htm">Using Text Variables</a>

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below link.

will be helpful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/85/e0c73cccbdd45be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

incase u have more problems we can clarify.

-SP-

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ravi

In the rows create a structure. right click on the structure create selection and in the pop up window in the text heading create text variable with replacement path. And put this variable as display as text.

Khaja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Did u solve ur issue?????

Khaja

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using this text variable in the query Description.

If yes, then you need to create a text variable of type Customer exit and write the code for the same in CMOD for populating it according to your requirement.