cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using wildcards (*) in sender file adapter - FTP type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

Dooes it work using wildcards in sender file adapter (FTP type(!) (filesystem obviously work))? I tried it and it failed. it works only for exact name..

I read some articles about FTP and the result is, that ftp work always only with 1 file, so I'm wondering, if this is possible.

Thanks for info!

Olian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A post from 2007, but hopefully still a nice answer for people that run into the same issue.

I'm using the sender SFTP adapter from the PI SFTP PGP ADDON. The filename that needs to be picked up includes a timestamp somewhere in the middel.

Filename: SID_20151125_rates.xml

So in the sender channel I had configured "SID_*_rates.xml" but that file was not being processed.

Instead of using the using the "*" I've used ".*\" and this works for me.

This example filename did the trick: SID_.*\_rates.xml

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kamhoot,

The reason for observed behaviour is because File adapter uses commonly accepted wildcards and SFTP adapter uses regular expressions.

In this way, in your example for a given file name SID_20151125_rates.xml, assuming only date is variable part of a file name, corresponding regular expression could be: SID_[0-9]{8}_rates\.xml.

Regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

you can refer this blog, may be you can get some clue or may be if you are missing something in your CC. just have a look once.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/23/sender-xi-ftp-adapter-with-regular-path-expression-150-abap

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Permanent : An existing connection to the FTP server is used permanently.

The connection is reestablished automatically if it is closed by the server.

Per File Transfer: A new connection to the FTP server is established for each file transfer.

it must be Permanently !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carme, it was per file, but even if I changed it, it is not processing the files..

No, no error in RWB.

We tried to connect to this ftp in command prompt and it can't accept wildcards.. We tried del * and the response was st like Command not executed, no file with this was found.. but when we typed del clooo.txt it worked.

:((((

Any suggestions?

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Advanced selection for source file, if there isn't a great number of possible file names.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah, we were thinkong about it, but... it's not the right

but thanx

Olian

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for the FTP type communication there has been some problem that wildcard not taking the data....you can try specfic extension .txt or X.....but overall it should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all replies..

I know of course, that * can be used, I use it in many scenarios too. But on a FileSystem. It is not working if the sender type is FTP.

*, ., *.dat, ... nothing like that works.. Just exact file name.

I am able to pick up file, if I specify it's exact name, so there should be no problem with permissions..

Please, I'd appreciate one reply with comfirmation: yes, we are using asterisk (*) , we access source files via FTP and they are processed.

Is there anybody with this experience, that it works?

Thank you!

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any error in communication channel Monitoring (RWB) using willcards?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olian

I have some scenarios that use wildcards and the sender type is FTP, not file system.

In FTP connection parameters, what mode have you configured (file transfer / permanently)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked users and permission accesing files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in Communication channel Monitoring (RWB) if there is any error which can help you to find the problem.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Olian,

Yes, The wildcard * can be used to specify the file name and type.

*.txt will poll all the textfile irrespective of the filename.

. will poll all the file irrespective of the filename and file type.

I guess this is what u are looking for..

Regards

San

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Olian,

Yes, sender file adapter allows wildcards in file name.

I have many scenario with this configuration.