cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link profit center / cost center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to break the link between cost center and profit centers?

At this time the EC PCA is activated so the field "profit center" is mandatory in the KS01 transaction. I need to know if i can bypass the relation between cost ans profit center in order to make postings in different profit center for one cost center.

Thanks in advance for feedback

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Basically, please check if the profit center is a required field for input at transaction level. If it is not, the system obstructs you from saving the profit center value.

If you have already made a default profit center (1) assignment to a cost center while creating the cost center, the system throws an error if you give a different profit center (2) when posting a transaction. The default profit center (1) overwrites the other profit center (2) that is manually entered.

However, you may change the error into warning if need so in the customization.

Thanks,

P.K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pascal,

I think you can allocate the Costs & Revenues from the assigned profit center to other profit centers using the PCA allocation methods (Assessment and Distribution). Have a look at the following transactions.

3KE1 Create PCA Actual Assessment cycle

3KE5 Execute PCA Assessment cycle

4KE1 Create PCA Actual Distribution cycle

4KE5 Execute PCA Distribution cycle

I think you can change the profit center assigned to the cost center in the transactions KS02 or OKEON. As PK said you cannot override the assigned profit center manually.

Regards,

Sriram