cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System "refresh" unsupported ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We occasionally need to perform "system refreshes" - where the target system already exists and we only need fresh data from another system. Normally done by copying the database from the other system, and leaving the system kernel, profiles etc alone.

The NW7.0 homogeneous system copy guide states that this is no longer supported, since the migration controller is not involved.

Is there no way of doing this properly, without deleting/reinstalling target system ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. The system copy guide says it pretty clearly:

--

"Refresh" of the database is not supported!

A "refresh" of the database means that only the database is loaded with the

content of a database of a different system. As in this scenario no migration controller is invoked, this is not supported.

--

That seems to suggest that only delete / reinstall-copy is supported ?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... thats a pretty clear statement...

We should check back to see if previous releases have the same warning...

Again... I can't find a reason why not to do it; but this is just my opinion.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Per,

A system refresh is different to a Homogeneos System Copy... when doing a refresh you're just copying the db from the source system to the target system (as mentioned by you); of course you need to do a few pre and post refresh activities to ensure that the SID is correct, etc...

What i don't understand what the "migration controller" has to do with this?, And to be honest i can't offer any advice in this respect.

At the same time i don't think this should stop you from performing your system refreshes..

Regards

Juan