Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a relation with primary key and foriegn key without?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I create a relation with primary key and foriegn key without referring Domain and Dataelement?

Please help soon.

advance thanks.

sekhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Yes</b> you can generate Foreign Key relation of any 2 fields which is Primary key in the Both table if it satisfied the <b>data type.</b>

table 1 

direct data type
Field1     primarykey  Type   c  10  length

table 2
direct data type
Field2  primarykey  type c   10  length

Genarate the Foreign key relation from field2 to table1 of field1 .

"Note  :  for your information

"Primary key :

means you are making field1 as Unique for table1

"Foreignkey : 

means you are making RELATION of Feild2 with other table i.e, table1 of field1 .

Reward points if it is usefull....

Girish

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Yes</b> you can generate Foreign Key relation of any 2 fields which is Primary key in the Both table if it satisfied the <b>data type.</b>

table 1 

direct data type
Field1     primarykey  Type   c  10  length

table 2
direct data type
Field2  primarykey  type c   10  length

Genarate the Foreign key relation from field2 to table1 of field1 .

"Note  :  for your information

"Primary key :

means you are making field1 as Unique for table1

"Foreignkey : 

means you are making RELATION of Feild2 with other table i.e, table1 of field1 .

Reward points if it is usefull....

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

It is impossible to create a relation with primary key and foriegn key without referring Domain and Dataelement....

since both the primary key and foreign key fields need to have the same data type or domain...

Reward if usefulll..

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi friend

Even i think its impossible to have primary and foreign key without data element and domain. Because when u define domain it internally refers only the data element. So its not possible

Rewards points if useful

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

In SAP You can not make any Primary Key - Foreign Key relatonship without Data Element. It does not matter whether you are using Z Domain or Built-in domain. It is SAP's style. In Oracle you can create without any Dataelement or domain. Revert back to me if any problem.

Regards,

Sujoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all. I got the answer