Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries: Problem creating file in background

0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to create txt files in background with sap queries, but it doesn't work.

In dialog mode it works but not in background. Path is my standard application server path /home/data/..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you paste your code we may try to find.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

It's the standard SAP Query (SQ01) with option "File Store".

Thanks for the fast reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually what's your question ....

the output report have u taken ???

do u want that output format in any formats???

0 Kudos

I have a query (SQ01) and want to save the results into a file.

When i run this query in background it doesn't create a file on the application server (/home/data/...). Any ideas?

0 Kudos

I have the same problem.

On another thread, it said it's not possible to do in background.

The File Store Option is only for execution in dialog mode.

Can somebody confirm or inform it ?

One solution is to activate an user exit!

Implement the user-exit to download the results of standard queries (SQ01) to application servers, while being run in a background.

First create a project, then use the enhancement assignment to include SQUE0001 SAP Query: Private data file. Further implement the user exit EXIT_RSAQEXCE_001 in the component section. Include ZXQUEU01 can have your code.

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-dev/what-does-it-take-to-run-a-sap-query-in...

Thanks,

David de Limelette

Message was edited by:

David de Limelette

0 Kudos

You can create files in background jobs easily on the application server, but not the presentation server (PC).

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

Indeed we can create files in background on the application server, but not from Queries !

David

0 Kudos

OK - I meant in general, but that's good to know about queeries.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the report output. u have an option called EXPORT at the tool bar by using that u can specify the back ground...