cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC TO FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

wat is use of idoc to file.in realtime where can we use this scenario.

give me one business requirement example.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes ofcourse in real time we use this lot of times

check this lnk

go thru this Blogs

ALE Configuration for Pushing IDOC's from SAP to XI by Swaroopa Vishwanath

Configuration Steps for Posting IDOC's by Ravikumar Allampalam.

IDOC - File scenario

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

configuring IDOCS

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

IDOC scenarios

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

Idoc related setting

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

<b>wat is use of idoc to file.in realtime where can we use this scenario.</b>

suppose some important datas are stored in R/3 data base. Now u want to get this data in a File.u can't retrive data directly from R/3 in ur required format.

u can send data from R/3 using Idoc structure.so u have to go for IDOC to FIle scenario...

see here..data from R/3 are collected in a file in CSV format.....

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

some times u need file based on the segment....then u have to go for IDoc to multiple File...

sometimes u need to combinel different datas from R/3 into some format....

so u need to go for the scenario...

Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

i will suggest u to go thro' this pdf....every step is defined here....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

this are the possible requirements...

hope that helps u!!

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

a very common application is SAP to non SAP integration. If you want to convert SAP data to any industry specific file format, IDoc-File scenario is used in such cases

other example is MDM (master data management ). It is netWeaver tool. It manages master data of SAP. now to extract data from SAP we can use Idoc.. now MDM does not understand IDocs. It understands file. so here XI comes into picture to convert this Idoc data to file format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to see these links(they are a good way to start with XI):

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

For troubleshooting of IDOC-File check this blog:

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

also for sending Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vijay,

<i>>>> wat is use of idoc to file.</i>

It is integration process where a given IDoc is converted into normal file.

<i>>>> in realtime where can we use this scenario. give me one business requirement example.</i>

This type of scenarios are used where the document has to represented as IDoc format (It is just a standard format for exchange of information).

Consider this business requirement.

Consider a SAP Retail situated in a company, now they will have generate some purchase order and send this purchase order to a third party system for processing.

Remember the third party system can understand only data in (say) XML format.

In this case SAP Retails system can send this order in IDoc format through XI as XML file to third party system'

Hope this makes u understand well

cheers!

Ramesh P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can use his scnerio when one side of your System is SAP .

If you have Sender R/3 and Reciver file you do IDOC to File and vice versa.

Please go through this link,it will clear all your doubts.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e07dcaa0-a92b-2a10-3a96-b3d942bd...

**Reward points if helpfull**