cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkbox in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear WD freaks,

I am currently observing a behavior of WD, which can not be really called "user friendly". I hope your folks could provide some advises on it. So here is the deal:

When ever you click on a row in a table, even with the table being set as "Row not selectable", and the event handler "onSelection()" being empty, it still triggers a request&response cycle, which means you browser refreshes the page and you have to wait 1-2 seconds, for no change at all on the page.

This behavior has extreme impact on the user experience: just imagine the user want to type in some input in an InputField in the table or want to click on a checkbox in the table, he will have to wait for some time, but for nothing... If he has to select like 5 items, he has to wait 5x1 or 5x2 seconds....

Is there a way to get rid of the event when I set the table as "Not selectable"? Our customers are really going to escalate on this one...

Best regards,

Ge

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ge Lin,

Change the table property compatibilityMode to nw04plus to solve this problem.

regards

Sumit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks folks! After I changed the attribute, it works fine! Many thanks!

I am wondering what does it mean to change it to "04Plus", does it mean my app will not run on the version lower than nw04? But since I developed it on 04s, it would not run on 04 and lower anyway...

Best Regards,

Ge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do change the compatability mode of the table from 'auto' to 'nw04Plus', it will work fine.

thanks

smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ge,

As far as I know, when you say "Row not selectable", the lead selection event does not fire. I've checked it. Which version of NW are you on?

Regards,

Rajit