cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Hierarchy table in hierarcy struture, How?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

i am trying to import soure file(Acces), which contains three fields which contain data as shown below

they are

field1 field2 field3

10 Products

10 1001 Bateries,Power & Surge

1001 100101 Alkaline Batteries

1001 100102 Battery Backups

10 1002 Calculators & POS

1002 100201 Basic-Display Calculators

1002 100202 Cash Registers

20 20 Services

20 2001 Access & Security

2001 200101 Acccess Request-Application or Site

2001 200102 Access Request-Chat/IM

Now i want to convert this fields in to hierarch struture and i want to import this into hierarchy table which contain two fields(i.e.field1 and field2), in the data manager

My problem is

1) i want to import the data in the corresponding fields

2) at the same time after importing, i want the data of the this fields should appear as a parent child relationship in the data manager.

if any one know the solution for this , please explain in step by step process.

if you have any PDF's on every Import operation in the MDM please provide to me.

It will be greatful for me.

Thanks in Advance.......

bharat.chinthapatla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.In the import manager select the field and right click on it and in the context menu chose the "split in to hierarchy" option and select the second field and right click on it and chose the "Split into Hierarchy" then click on the map fields or value tab and select the splited hierarchy fields in the source side, map it to the corresponding destination fields.

2 Select the values pane if there already existing data in the destination just map source value to destination values. if there is no destination values add the source fields to destination values

now select the match records tab and select any one of the destination mapping field and comparison. check the status of the default import action.

3 select the import status tab if it is ready to import then click on execute button

else if it is not ready to import check the map fields or values tab and match records tab.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bharat,

if your source data is like this ex:

1. Consumables & Maintenance Solutions;Cleaning, Freshening & Softening;Cleaners;Cleaner Compounds

2. Hand, Power, Machine, & Measuring Tools;Assembly & Fastening;Wrenches;Manual Wrenches;Manual Wrench Parts & Accessories

you can follow this process:

1. select the category and right click, in the context menu set the split delimeter, in that choose split hierarchy.

2. select the category and right click, from the context menu select split into hierarchy.

3. In Map fields/values tab, in source fields you will see new split hierachy field, map this field to corresponding destination cateory field.

4. in values pane, you can see the source values in a hierarchy.

5. Map these values to the corresponding destination values, other wise you can add to the destination in a new category, ( select the source values node and click on add button and you can selcect Add branch as child Or Add branch as sibling)

6. Once value mapping is over, do the importing and you can see these results in Data manager Taxonomy mode.

as you said: you have data like field1 field 2 field 3

You have to select all the fields in Import Manager which u need to hierarchies and select the option “ Create Hierarchy field ”. You will see a new popup window in which you have to fill the fields like ( parent field/ child filed and node) and your hierarchy will be created.

hope this may help You,

Regards,

srinivas