Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalisation Problem

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am using ResourceBundle for implementing internationalization concept.when i am deploying my application WebDynpro creates a default language property file in the package.

like "com.sap.internationalisation.wdp.ResourceInternationalisationComp"

Now i am creating a property file with german language by copying existing property file with language specific changes. and placing it in the same location where your default property file is placed.

Now i am changing browser language to german and putting it in first order.

when i deploy my application it is not picking german property file Instead it is taking default property file.

Is there any other setting need to be done..

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created the new .xls for each language?

First create like this object_EN.xls,object_DE.xls

When u chage the Language(DE) and related text in germeny then automatically create the .properties files.

After this changes u need to <b> REBUILD UR PROJECT </b> is necessary then only the effects what u expecting are come.

Thanks,

Lohi.

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lohitha,

thanks for your suggestion.

But my question is...as i am implementing the internationalisation with resource bundle altho is it required to create .xlf file with different language ?

And what will happen when i need to include another language.property file ?

Again i need to change in .ear file by using NWDS.

Does it possible to include language.property file without using NWDS.Because once u given with the .ear file to the client and eventually you need to include one more language.property file then i need to install NWDS at clients space and i dont think it is right approch .

So can you suggest any other approch ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u check the locale in the code?

& do you have .property file with de<CountryCode>.properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created Internationalization Example project in Web dynpro.Here i am changing english to German.

I copied all the .xlf files to English and German.(_en & _de)....In the S2X editor converted English to German language.Finally while i was deploying it will be in English only.

Even i changed the browser settings to German.

Please help me where i went wrong in that tutorial.

One more thing,,,if i was not selected any option in the dropdown,,,,,it is giving " choose Vehicle Type"...

If i choose other than that,,,,the text and image is not displaying...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Suppose if Your Application has One View named " XYZView ".

You Wants to Apply Internationalization to that Application in the German Language Follow the below Steps.

1.) Go to Navigator --> Your Application --> Expand it --> src --> packages --> your Package Path --> there you find " XYZView.wdview.xlf " file.

2.) It contains labels, table headers, ... etc.

3.) Suppose If You wants your Application to be Internationalized to German Language then Copy the above file ( " XYZView.wdview.xlf " ) and Paste it in the same Folder and rename it as ("XYZView.wdview_de.xlf").

4.) The file ("XYZView.wdview_de.xlf") contains all labels, table headers, ..... etc. in English it self.

5.) Now you Double Click on ("XYZView.wdview_de.xlf") & go to Resource Text Tab. Select One Entry --> Right Click on it --> Click Edit --> New Window Opens --> In that Window Replace English Word with Equivalent German Word for Text Input Field --> Press OK.

6.) Repeat Step 5 for all Entries in the file ("XYZView.wdview_de.xlf").

7.) Save the Application.

8.) Reload the Application.

9.) Now the Application is Internationalized for German Language.

10.) To Test the Application Change the Browser's Local Setting to German and Deploy the Application.

Now the Application Works in German Language.

If you have any more Doubts Reply with them back.

With Regards,

RooP KumaR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roop, This is good one.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VINAY,

how are you doing? I know is an old post and I´m trying to translate Webdynpro without the need to redeploy the .ear, did you find a way to do this?

kind Regards,

Gerardo J

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Check this.hope this will help

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2d/e7381138a8d2458f1f4fac32614f71/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/2d/e7381138a8d2458f1f4fac32614f71/content.htm</a>

here u can find step by step process

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/f0674039c6c549e10000000a1550b0/content.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/f0674039c6c549e10000000a1550b0/content.htm</a>

regards

Sumit

Message was edited by:

Sumit Malhotra