cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device id not getting on Java stack but present on MI client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am basis person and recently we installed Neweaver 2004s system and done required configuration described in " Installation of SAP Mobile Infrastructure 2.5 SPS20 (New Technology) guide ".

i also installed Mobile client on my desktop machine and gived all required details for user and client , then performed synchronisation successfully... we also got device id and device name in <b>Mi client settings tab</b>.

But our MI developers are mentining they are unable to find any device is in java stack.

They are logging to jee admin and then Administration--> Mobile infrastructure --> device maintainence --> * velue and search for device id exist --..

But no search results found .

what settings are require to get device is over there in j2ee.

Please help me at earliest. Appreciate quick answers.

Best Regards,

AjitR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Please go through the configuration of NWAMAdmin.

Open VisualAdmin(instdir\usr\sap\indtname\serverinst\j2ee\admin\go.bat).

Expand sever node, select connector container, RHS pane select SAPJRA. then open SAPJRAFactory_lang and check the client value for the property client .

then select JCoRFc provider from the same location and check the client value set here.

Client value for the setting of MI client and the client value of NWMA(JCORfcProvider, SAPJRAFactory_lang ) should be the same.

Summarizing the above -: NWA settings and MI client setting should point to the same client value of ABAP system (middleware ).

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to SAPJRAFactory_lang --> manage connection factory -->

properties -->configuration properties

here client mentioned is 000

as rightly said by you should i change to 900 client which i am using in MI client at my laptop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done required changes and few device ids are appearing on java stack

Thanks but below are exception above on that screen is it normal?

com.sap.ip.mi.admin.core.ApplicationException: Field CHANGEDAT not a member of MEAPPLICATION_INTERFACE

com.sap.ip.mi.admin.core.ApplicationException: Field CHANGEDAT not a member of MEAPPLICATION_INTERFACE

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

when and in which screen you got this exception.

Former Member
0 Kudos

j2ee admin --> mobile infrastrucrure --> device maintainence --> device id search

i get few device ids and above warning as mentioned

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is both yr J2ee stck and ABAP are in the same SP20, did you deploy the NWMAdmin.sca for sp20 on the j2ee stack, check the same for middleware both should be in the same SP.

Regards,

Satyendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

on j2ee we are getting

Software Components all components...

Name Version Applied

sap.com/SAP-JEECOR 7.00 SP6 (1000.7.00.6.0.20060306103300)

sap.com/SAP-JEE 7.00 SP6 (1000.7.00.6.0.20060306103300)

how to check abap SP which one i should check abap , basis patches ?

can you let me know where to find information for deploy the NWMAdmin.sca for sp20 on the j2ee stack ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyendra,

Appreciate if you could throw some light on this issue.

I would like to know why there is need to deploy <b>LMTools.sca and nwadmin.sca</b> ,

is it preliminary requirement for Mobile infrstructure , because i am able to see tab Mobile infrastructure under Administration , also i am able to see device id under Device maintainence tab ,

Appreciate if you give me detail steps what exactly need to be configured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nwadmin.sca download area talks about patch for MI client .

click on Support Patches -> Entry by application group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP Netweaver 04 -> Entry by Component -> MI Client -> Mi Client 2.5 -> OS independant -->NWMADMIN.sca

How can i determine patch of my existing MI client.

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is depend on what SP you doing the installation, for example if you are in Sp-12 then apply the latest patch for the same SP.

Regards,

Satyendra