cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI delta tme stamp doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

i have gone through SAP npte and the previous posts for this but stil in a big confusion.

We can run Fi delta once in day and we can make it multiple times using one SAP note ie. Note 991429 - Minute Based extraction enhancement for 0FI_*_4 extractors.

I have the settings BWFIOVERLA = X and BWFITIMBOR = 2000AM.

If i have extarcted the last delta at 09.10.2007 at 1PM and now iam loading the delta at 10.10.2007 at 1AM. SO , could any body tell me what wil be the delta time stamp , will it from 09.10.2005(0000AM) to 10.10.2007(1AM).

And suppose i loaded the delta again on same day is 10.10.2007 at 10AM then what wil be the selections for delta , will it from 09.10.2007(0000AM) to 10.10.2007(10AM).

If it so then we can load the delta multiple time in day , right?? Though we wil have overlaping records that wer can handle through ODS.

So , it means that we can have multiple delta in day , then what is the need of the above mentioned SAP note.

Please clarify on this , i am very confused.

THanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any inputs .

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niyati,

First of all you can exrtact twice in 24 Hour interval and I do it for 0FI_GL_4. The safety interval is about 11 Hrs and 30 Mins.

Safety level is an inbuilt facility to avoid records being unnecessarily extracted twice and avoids the duplication. Like in LO Cockpit (2lis_) data sources you can set up the safety levels, but for FI data sources there is a inbuilt system setup.

Hope this helps. Award points if useful,

Goodluck,

Alex(Arthur Samson)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chitrarth Kastwar

Thats is what iam confused , gone through almost all the posts , what is this safety limit. This safety limit is for the up to value not from current value .

Could any body please clartify on this..

Thnaks again..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niyati,

I do not think you can pull Delta Multiple Times for FI in BW.

It can only be done once a day, if you will pull it again you will get 0 records.

It is because of time restriction (some kind of Safety Interval) with FI Extraction.

Search Forum for more Info.

Thanks

CK

Ignore my message i was not aware of this New SAP Note, i think it is released in Sep07.

Message was edited by:

Chitrarth Kastwar