cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding A-A & B-B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can Any one give me Simple Explaination about A to A & B to B Scenarios.??

Can Any one please Differentiate these Two ??

Please give Ans in General

Regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A2A: It means within the firewall i.e. within the organizations.

B2B: it mean outside the firewall i.e. dealing with third parties as well as within the organization too.

For more info go to this thread too.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Should we need to create Party in ID for the Both Sender & the Receiver Applications ????

If My Scenario is Like IDOC to File

Regards

Babu

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on which system either sender or recievr is a a party if botha re then you haev to create for both...usually it is one system which is outside corporate defined aprty...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See here my client wants to send the IDOC to their Customer's Legacy system.

Then here I think we need to create Only one Party . Right ????

Regards

Babu

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes ...the IDOC which you client wants to send is in the lanscape but the legacy system is in the customre place (outside corporate) then your customer legacy system acts as a party based communication here

rewards points if helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu

A-A > It involves direct and simple communication between two or more application i.e impact on one system directly affect the other end communication system.like you have to create purchase order in MM hosted on one application server which communicate with SD hosted on other application server. so it is one application to other

<b>no third party involved</b>

B-B > e.g if you have to create purchase order in MM hosted on one application server which communicate with SD hosted on other application server which in turn impact several other application hosted on several different customer's partner application server which may be SAP or non-SAP application, then it is business to business

reward point if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babu,

A2A - Application to Application

Where you want to exchange some information into one Landscape That is we can say one MNC Company where it has location all round the world.

Consider an Car Manufacturing Company XYZ, it may use XI for integrating its ERP system with say an HR system and so on. As both systems are in the same landscape, it becomes an A2A.

B2B - Business to Business

Where the excnage of information between two different Parties or companies or land scape, Where Firewall security will come into picture

Now suppose the Company XYZ might have transactions with say a Glass Manufacturing Unit or organization . When XI is used to Integrate these systems, it becomes a B2B as you use it to integrate 2 different Businesses in different landscapes

check this also

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/15/5f934249c30c31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

regards

biplab

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A2A scenario means - you are sending the data across different applications using XI

Ex : File to IDoc , File to JDBC, HTTP to JDBC ,...etc...

General scenarios with in a company .

B2B Scenarios means : A company wants to integrate their systems with their business partners ( ex vendor,supplier,customer) , implicitly it means that they have to cross their fire wall for this purpose ...In B2B scenarios we need to create Party objects.

The basic difference is in B2B you have to use Party objects and Industry standards like CIDX,RNIF adapters at configuration time . Rest the scenario is similar to A2A ...there also you will be integrating different applications but you will have to cross the fire wall.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naga

<b>A2A scenario means</b> - you are sending the data across different applications using XI

<b>B2B Scenarios means</b> : A company wants to integrate their systems with their business partners ( ex vendor,supplier,customer) , implicitly it means that they have to cross their fire wall for this purpose ...In B2B scenarios we need to create Party objects.

The basic difference is in B2B you have to use Party objects and Industry standards like CIDX,RNIF adapters at configuration time . Rest the scenario is similar to A2A ...there also you will be integrating different applications but you will have to cross the fire wall.

<b>

Please refer the folowing blogs</b>

Some blogs that will help you configure B2B scenarios;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

<b>Ensuring A2A and B2BIntegration</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/15/5f934249c30c31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

<b>XI Content Certification in a B2B Scenario - Case Study</b>

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/01/18/xi-content-certification-in-a-b2b-scenario--case-study

<b>

Configuring Secure Business-to-Business Integration</b>

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/08/08/teched-06-epi300-configuring-secure-business-to-business-integration

/people/shailesh.mane/blog/2006/06/27/b2b-configuration-part-i--creating-an-integration-scenario

/people/shailesh.mane/blog/2006/06/29/b2b-configuration-part-ii--creating-the-configuration-using-the-automated-configuration-tool

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/02/22/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-i-of-iii--interfaces

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/03/23/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-ii-of-iii--mapping

/people/james.guanzon/blog/2006/09/09/how-to-support-industry-standards-in-xi-part-iii-of-iii--config-test

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c189119d-0801-0010-a6a2-f0b010e7...

Thanks!!

Questions are welcome here!!

<b>Also mark helpful answers by rewarding points</b>

Regards

Abhishek Agrahari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I Understood is correct that

If we want to Integrate sap r/3 system with peoplesoft system to send the data Using XI with in the XYZ Company Which is Located in ABC Location.Then

We Use A to A Integration . Is it Correct ????

If XYZ Company in ABC Location want to Exchange the data with their Customer PQR Located in US Location.Then

We Use B to B Integration. Is it Right ????

Q1 ) I Think mostly we use XI For B to B Scenario's Only. Why Because the Business will be like that naaa ?????

Please Correct me if Iam Wrong

Regards

Babu

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are right...we might use any either A2A and B2B but mostly depends upon the busniess of the company which is implementing the XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>The basic difference is in B2B you have to use Party objects and Industry standards like CIDX,RNIF adapters at configuration time . Rest the scenario is similar to A2A ...there also you will be integrating different applications but you will have to cross the fire wall.</b>

Can U Explain me this Sentense some what more

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

<i>> If I Understood is correct that

>

> If we want to Integrate sap r/3 system with

> peoplesoft system to send the data Using XI with in

> the XYZ Company Which is Located in ABC

> Location.Then

>

> We Use A to A Integration . Is it Correct ????

</i>

Yes, within the same organization boundary.

>

> If XYZ Company in ABC Location want to Exchange the

> data with their Customer PQR Located in US

> Location.Then

>

> We Use B to B Integration. Is it Right ????

Yes

<i>> Q1 ) I Think mostly we use XI For B to B Scenario's

> Only. Why Because the Business will be like that naaa

> ????</i>?

It depends babu, completely on the business process. If the business process demands B2B then we have to...

regards

Ramesh P

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, in a single stament

In A2A(Inside our Corporate Boundary)

B2B(Outside our Corporate Boundary) so when you are speaking outside corporate you have to define that system a s a party based commmunication.

also

A2A scenario means - you are sending the data across different applications using XI

B2B Scenarios means : A company wants to integrate their systems with their business partners ( ex vendor,supplier,customer) , implicitly it means that they have to cross their fire wall for this purpose ...In B2B scenarios we need to create Party objects.

Some blogs that will help you configure B2B scenarios;

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/08/b2b-and-the-hype-about-the-party

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/09/13/wanna-party

Ensuring A2A and B2BIntegration

Former Member
0 Kudos

let me explain it in simple word....

when u create scenarios in ID we r having 2 options

<b>1)with party

2)Service without party</b>

since in A2A scenario we r doing all integration within the same company/landscape we r using 2nd option i.e Service without party(as its within same party...)

but in B2B scenario we r doing integration between diffrent organization/landscapes... so...we have to specify the party also...when u create BS ..u have to tell ..which party this BS belongs to...

i gues u r lil bit clr now!!!

regards

biplab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there is Any Chance to have the XYZ Company & Their Customer PQR in the Same LANDSCAPE.

So that they can go for A to A Integration

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Not really.

The XYZ Company may expose certain services for consumption by PQR and vice versa. But there are very minute chances that both companies are in same LANDSCAPE

regards

Ramesh P

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chancess are less in same landscape also it depends on the type of system invaloved in communication.....

suppose you want to communicate with your customer ex Database ,File syetem. Http...and so on

you have to acess this remotley (daatabse you cannot dfirectly) over HTTP i think you can but not for toher types

some thing you cannot caess remotly but not in the same landscape.

reward points if usefull