cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning objects be updated by planning job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We defined a planning job in order to mass generate forecast, it is working fine !

But we facing a problem:

Every time , if there have new materials be created in the system , those new materials will not be included into the mass generation.

The reason is that , we put "*" as the selection variant of the job , that's means we want to genereate forecast for all the existing materials.

so if have new materials be created , we must be delete the current job and create another job in order to include those new materials.

Is any solution for this problem ? thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denny,

Are you taking about MPBT transaction in background? where are u defining "*" for the material field? If so I would suggest you to leave these field blank and try.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh ,

I am talking about "MC8E" transcation.

Good idea , i will try to leave it blank , Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasobh ,

I did the testing , it is same result as put "*" , we still need to delete existing selection variants and create new variant

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denny,

Sorry I am not able to get the flow of these transactions in SOP to help you out.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denny,

I have used the mass processing job for running the forecast. This problem was not there for new materials also. Could you please share some more info on your forecast profile used and key figure used for forecasting.

Regards

Vineet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet ,

We are using the standard SOP forecast profile : SAP for testing

And key figure is "ABSAT"

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denny,

I also exp the same problem.

I also tried the same thing & i had to change the job( i did not delete) & then it picked up the material for forecasting.

So it seems you are not using the flexible planning.

In flexible planning i never had this problem as i always had to add the material into planning hierarchy. mass processing took care of all the entries in the hierarchy.

I tried to search sap notes also but there was nothing, may be you can search there.

Pl let me know if you have any lead or solution for this problem.

Regards

Vineet