Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to understand whether the workflow is actually working or not

0 Kudos

Request approval via work flow.

I am doing this in the below manner.

1.Create a request for budget approval in the transaction code IMA12

2.Once the request gets saved, a workflow will be triggered for the approval of this request.

3. Then go to the transaction code IMA11 for approving the request.

However, I am unable to understand whether the workflow is actually working or not.

Please guide me on this how to find out the workflow.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phani .

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

If you know the workflow which is triggered, check the WF Definitions of the same in SWDD transaction (Check the navigation via the Menu, i dont remember exact path). This will show you all the WF Tasks triggered earlier. For clarification, whether the wf is working or not, Run the transaction again and check any new WF Task is created or not.

Let me know any problem you face

Thanks & Regards

Manjunatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

So you are not getting any WF?

When you save like that, Events are triggered which are to be maintained,

Have you maintained the event mapping with WF to be triggered? You have the map the event of the business Object associated with Budget approval to WF that you need to trigger.

If yes then you can run Event trace to see if the WF got triggered or not?

Also, you can goto SWDD and do a test run to see if the WF in itself is working or not.

This should help you

Regards

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Transaction SWEL will be useful for you.

Once you have triggered the workflow, go to Transaction SWEL to find the event trace. You can see all the workflows triggered there.