cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all RFCs and BAPIs automatically exposed as web services?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our product helps business users exchange data with SAP. We use standard RFCs and BAPIs to communicate with SAP. This is a .NET application although my question is not specific to .NET.

It seems SAP obsolete their .NET connector in near future. The emphasis is on web services. This is a great move. We can simply drop using the .NET connector and start using the web services. However, I have a few doubts:

1. RFCs and BAPIs are automatically exposed for remoting. When the customer installs our application, it just works out of the box. Customers do not have to make any configuration changes to SAP to expose RFCs and BAPIs.

In the new world, are all RFCs and BAPIs automatically exposed as web services or one has to go through each RFC/BAPI and expose it explicitly?

2. Is there a comprehensive WSDL schema available anywhere for all the RFCs/BAPIs?

3. Are there any other web services (besides RFCs/BAPIs) that SAP Netweaver exposes? Where can I get more information?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not all RFCs and BAPIS are exposed as web services.

This is because most of them are old.

You should be able to check the exposure in SE80.

You may also consider BSP pages as web services but these are being replaced by Java soon.

Darryl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>You may also consider BSP pages as web services but these are being replaced by Java soon.

What makes you think so ?

I don't think that ECC will be rewritten from abap to java anytime soon !

Regards,

Olivier

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

They won't re-write it.

It will just be a Java stack only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darryl,

Thank you for your help or at least trying to help me. However, you left me with more questions than answers:-(.

1. "Old" does not mean "bad." Each RFC/BAPI serves a specific function. If some RFC is being obsoleted, there must be a replacement documented somewhere. Is there one?

2. I can look into SE80 (and other transactions) to see what is exposed. However, what I need to understand is what is SAP's stance on exposing standard web services.

Can others please share your thoughts?

Regards,

Pradeep