cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in JDBC receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam getting the Null Pointer Exception in the JDBC receiver channel. Iam not able to figure out where is the exact error. Tried so many ways. But could not make out. Can anyone please tell me when do we get this error.

Thanks,

Hema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema

<b>Take a look at these notes:</b>

859465 - NullPointerException in DTR/XI running on AIX

on which SP level is your XI system?

With SPs prior to Sp10 there were quite some problems with JDBC adapter loosing connections etc. So if you are on an earlier version you should defnitely deploy a later version (i would recommend SP14).

All references to errors like yours contain the recommendation to use "disconnect after each processing" option, which you have set. (e.g. JDBC adapter FAQ Note 831162). So it is hard to tell, what else could be the reason. Did you get any more detailed error message in Xi logs where you can see, where exactly the problem occurs (during connection or query ecution)?

Thanks !!

Questions are welcome here!!

<b>Also mark helpful answers by rewarding points</b>

Regards

Abhishek Agrahari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Definitely there is a problem in mapping.The source and receiver data type format dont match.Or the data which you are sending is not the format in which the receiver accepts it.Try to send the message with minimal possible fields that you are sure, avoid data/time in first go.

Thanks

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are getting the java.lang.NullPointerException i think it might be some were in mapping the problem....cab you chek the SXMB_MONI and tell what error you c there or in JDBC reciver

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hema,

Can you give some more description of the error you are receiving

regards

Ramesh P