cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No available DataSources for source system IE6CLNTXXX exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently working on BI 7.0 comp release 700, patch level14.

I am trying to create transfer rules for an infosource but system says that

<b>No available DataSources for source system IE6CLNTXXX exist</b>.

I have activated and replicated the datasources.I can see the DS in overview tree, but they all are in <b>Modified version</b>.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Issue is that, the Data Source has been replicated in Object type RSDS

that is the New Data Source type. And we are trying to assign this RSDS DS to a 3.x

Infosource.But to BI the metedata for New Data source (RSDS) is known and not 3.x DataSource

Hence system could not find the 3.x Data source and gives u this error.

To solve this error, u need to Recover the 3.x metadata of the required Data Source

Edited by: Amit Pal on Dec 18, 2007 5:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have activated the required datasource as per process.And again tried assigning DS to infosource , but it is still showing same error.

Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Why would you assign the info source if you are in BI 7.0. As soon as you activate the data source. You would have to create a transformation to the data target DSO or a Cube. You don't need Info Source. Right click on the data source and create transformation to the object, then info package to PSA then DTP and you are good to go.

Hope this helps, award point if it is helpful.

Goodluck,

Alex (Arthur Samson)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to go to change mode and make the datasource active first and then create transfer rules..etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i replicated Datsources for application component xRPM, and all the DS are in modified version, so shall i do this activity for all datasources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Dbl clk on the Source Sys and select DS --> Change Mode and Activate the DS and Right Clk Create TRansfer Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to activate datasource 0RPM_ITEM_HEADER_GUID_ATTR, But the Activation is failing owing to following errors.

<b>Error when determining a number from object BI_TS and number 01</b>.

Please help.