cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approach for Displaying ADOBE Print Form on Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement, where in we have to display <b>ADOBE Print form</b> <i>(Normal / Non-Interactive form)</i> on the portal which is a single page employee CV.

<b>Approach 01</b>

We have started with this approach because it was a Static ADOBE Form just to display the data, so in we decided to:

1. Design the ADOBE Form in transaction SFP.

2. Write a driver program in ECC6.0 which will pass the data to ADOBE. This program is without a selection screen, so that as soon as it gets executed the ADOBE form is displayed on the screen.

3. Assign a “Z” transaction code which is of type “Easy Web Transaction”

4. Create a Transactional I-View for “Z” transaction which interns displays the ADOBE form on the Portal.

<b>Approach 02</b>

The 2nd approach would :

1. Design ADOBE in SFP

2. Instead of creating the program in ECC6.0 create a webdynpro application and bind the ADOBE form with it,

3.Deploy the Webdynpro Application on the portal to display the form.

I Personally think the 2nd approach would be more suitable for ADOBE Interactive forms where in you have returns parameters to retrieve data entered on the portal by the user. Is this approach good enfough for normal ADOBE form to display only? As efforts are high.

We have succeeded displaying the ADOBE form which Approach 01 but we have doubt in mind in terms of:

1) Best solution

2) Best practice

3) Performance

I was also looking for:

1. Documentation where the usage of Transaction I-View to display the ADOBE form on the portal is recommended or can be used.

2. Standard PDF prints form displayed on the portal through Transaction i-view.

I'll be gald if you all experts can guide us.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhawanidutt.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Since i didnt get any reply on this post I though I should close it and marked it as answered.

For your kind information we have used the Approach 02, as this is the latest way of displaying data on the portal.

Regards,

~BD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry...just saw this...

From experience, I built a simple BSP to do this and then my BSP iView from the portal displays it (in my case, a benefits confirmation form for re-rpint). However, as SAP is moving away from BSP support and the "world" is shifting to webdynpros and more so to ABAP Webdynpro, I would suggest approach #2. We did an ABAP webdynpro for similar functionality that displays our custom bonus compensation forms. Pretty straight forward. Sorry for the delay in help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ... this answer will definitely help others.

Regards,

~BD